Airing Out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N's Point of View
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those girls must be disappointed right now. Can't take the blame when I didn't learn how to manage the garden so they'll have to deal with it. Vex has been awfully quiet and I knew she wasn't sleeping when her eyes were open like usual.

"Who are they Y/N?" Vex asked making me peek at her side. She still looked directly at the empty chair in front of her but it's not like she needs to look.

"Clarify," I replied. It's obvious there's a much more accurate question and that's what I'd rather answer.

"It's annoying how you're so protective of the girls. And why is that?" Vex asked. I placed the final plate in the dish rack and went to the opposite side of her seat. It was an obvious thing for me to stop Vex since

"Vex, they're not similar to who we are," I said making her pet look down. Our hands have done things that we don't want others to know. Vex let out a sigh before nodding as she looked away.

"I know that but it's not 'that'," Vex replied with an exhausted tone making me raise an eyebrow. I thought she was wondering why I didn't want her to harm them.

"Why would you, out of all the people I've met. Why would you care about them? You usually watch how things turn out," she asked but it's just making me confused. I wanted to ask her but a knock came from the front door causing us to look in that direction.

Vex and I knew who it was when it sounded impatient so I went to her. She still haven't moved from her chair so I reached out my arm for her to hold. She took it and her pet also did the same.

"I can't let any harm get to the girls. Not until they leave my house atleast," I said to Vex as I lifted her to my shoulder. She scoffed and crossed her arm to her chest while looking away.

"You're the harm here if you ask...everyone," she replied with a pause. It earned me a chuckle but she does have a point.

We went to the doorway and I was caught up with what she said. I'll be better I hope but for now, I need to make sure everything is done right. Hopefully there wouldn't be any problems with it.

I opened the door and the old coot was looking quite young. I thought he'd have his usual look that's always pissed but I had to stay quiet when he looked a little worried.

Vex reached out her arms to Viego and like a baby, he carried her to his shoulder. He picked up his guitar and I thought he was about to leave but nope. He was observing me and it's getting annoying.

"What is it?" I had to ask when it's borderline disgusting. Even then, he looked worried before his gaze looked at the ground.

"I suggest you move the ladies somewhere else. If you want them to live that is," Viego said making me confused. He was being serious but I wanted to know why.

"002...I heard a small rumor he's looking for you," Viego replied anxiously. I sighed when I thought it was something more serious but I guess they have their reason to worry.

"If that's it then I'll be fine. Careful out there Viego, I'll see you soon Vex," I replied and waved my right arm goodbye. Vex did the same but Viego was still looking at me before he rolled those eyes and turned his back.

"If you need aid then be my guest," Viego said as he began to walk. I could only scoff at his words before closing the door.

I walked back to the kitchen but it would be a lie if I said I'm not worried. I haven't talked with him in a few months so what's the reason this time?