Confessions

The gang arrived at the Kanto Region the next day. They went back to Viridian City and rest up from their trip. Alise made lunch for them all and they told her all about their training trip and the new Pokémon they caught. Cora also gave her mom a Comfey which she caught on her trip and thought that the little fairy type will be able to help her mom. Alise loved the new Pokémon and her mom's Chansey liked Comfey as well.

The next day, they went to Prof. Oak's laboratory. Prof. Oak was fascinated when he saw Romulus's newly discovered form. He also informed Cora that he made a medium sized dome shaped building for Ice type Pokémon, which was great for her Aurorus's, Alolan Ninetales, and Alolan Sandslash.

==================

Back at the Viridian Pokémon Center, Cora was given a surprised party thrown by her mom, Prof. Sycamore, Officer Jenny and Prof. Oak. Her mom had given her a book on Pokémon Contests and some nice hair ties. Prof. Oak gave her a book on Legendary Pokémon from all of the regions along with a King's Rock for her and he gave another one to Mairin. Prof. Sycamore gave her a set of different types of Pokéballs. Cora was very happy to receive the gifts, but she was more than happy to have the ones she cares about come to her party.

====================

The party was soon over, and everyone was cleaning up. Alain kept glancing at Cora as he helped collect the dishes.

"Go talk to her." Prof. Sycamore suggested.

Alain turned to his dad, "Huh?"

"I can easily tell what you feel towards her, Alain. So you better tell her now or someone might snatch her away from you." Prof. Sycamore advised.

Alain looked to the floor in thought at his dad's words. He knew that his dad was right. He had to tell Cora before someone else takes her from him. He raised his head and walked over to Cora.

"Hey Cora." Alain said.

"Yes?" Cora asked.

"Can I talk to you...privately?" Alain requested.

"Sure." Cora accepted.

Alain led Cora outside the center, and they stood on the stairs. They looked up in the night sky and saw the full moon.

"You're an extraordinary girl you know that, Cora?" Alain said.

"I don't think of myself as extraordinary." Cora admitted.

"Well, I think you are." Alain stated, smiling.

Cora blushed at that. As far as she knew, hardly anyone beside her mom, Prof. Oak, and the other region professors have called her extraordinary.

"Thanks, Alain." Cora smiled.

Alain blushed at her smile, "Cora, there's something I want to tell you."

"Really? What is it?" Cora asked, curious.

"When we first met, I never expected that you would treat me as a person and not the son of a famous professor. For that, I was grateful, and it also made me very happy. Even when I was traveling the Kalos region, you were always encouraging me to do my best," Alain paused, "I've seen how much you love Pokémon and what you would do for them. Not to mention that you're a great battler. How you and your Pokémon work together is amazing. Even though you come from a family of Pokémon Nurses, you were brave enough to go after your dream of becoming a great Pokémon trainer. I find that extremely brave of you."

Cora's cheeks turned pink.

"What I'm trying to say is that I-I...I like you, Cora Joy," Alain admitted with deep red cheeks. Then he looked away while rubbing the back of his head, "I have for a while, actually."