The Legend of Dratini

The gang had finally arrived at the Safari Zone where they hope to catch some new Pokémon to add to their teams. Ash and his friends still haven't showed up yet. Cora was positive that Ash had a horrible sense of direction.

"I can't wait to catch some new Pokémon." Cora said.

"Yeah, me too." Mairin agreed.

The gang saw the building which was the entrance to the Safari Zone. They entered and Cora went to the counter. Suddenly she was face to face with a gun in her face.

"Cora!" Alain and Mairin except Cora shouted in disbelief and fear.

"What are you brats doing here?" A man asked, who was the owner of the gun.

Cora recognized him as Kaiser, warden of the Safari Zone. He was also the one who discovered the Dratini. She could understand his caution of trainers coming to the Safari Zone, but was the gun really necessary?

"First, put the gun away," Cora calmly pushed the gun away. "Second, we're here to enter the Safari Zone."

"Who are you anyway?" Mairin asked.

The man put his gun down. "I am Kaiser, the Safari Zone Warden." he replied.

Cora glared, "Okay, but next time don't do that. Some people might fight back." She advised.

"That's true," Alain agreed, "Can we please get the items we need to enter the Safari Zone?"

Kaiser grunted and gathered the things they needed for the Safari Zone.

"Here." Kaiser gave the gang a bucket that contained thirty Safari Pokéballs and a super rod, "You can only use only Safari balls and this Super Rod to catch wild the Pokémon. If any of you break the rules, you will have my gun to talk to."

Mairin was looking at the pictures on the wall when she saw a picture of Kaiser as a young man, with a Dratini beside him that had a scar on its horn in the shape of an X. Alain brought it down so he and Mairin could get a better look at it.

"A Dratini." Mairin said.

"Looks quite old." Alain added, "Reminds me of Cora's Dratini."

Kaiser pointed his gun to Cora's face again, "Where did you get your Dratini?!"

Mairin groaned, "Again with the gun?!"

Cora frowned, "I got my Dratini from the S.S. Anne ship. She was one of Pokéballs that we rescued."

Kaiser frowned, but nodded, and put his gun away. He walked away not without taking the picture with him.

"Okay seriously," Mairin frowned, "What's that guy's problem? I mean he went crazy as soon as we entered the cabin. Then as soon as Cora said she had a Dratini, Kaiser looked like he was gonna explode."

"I think I know why," Cora stated. "Prof Oak told me about Kaiser before. Thirty years ago, the one who discovered the legendary Dratini was Kaiser himself."

"Oh." Mairin said.

"But then trainers heard the rumors and flocked into the Safari Zone and captured as many Pokémon as they could." Cora continued.

"That can't be good." Alain commented.

Cora shook her head, "No, it wasn't. Because trainers were so eager to capture Dratini, the Safari Zone became a complete wreck. After that, the rule was established that trainers are allowed thirty Safari balls in the Safari Zone."

"Oh man, did anyone find it?" Mairin asked.

"No, not one trainer found or capture the Dratini." Cora replied.