11: How Could You?!

When I got home that day, I was surprised to see a bunch of cars in the driveway that I didn't recognize.

I prepared myself for whatever that was that my brothers had planned and walked into the house.

When I got into the house though, I wasn't greeted by my brothers friends all being loud and having fun or anything of the sort. Instead, the mood was very solemn.

My brother's were standing in the living room with three different people. Not a single person in the room looked like they were in a good mood. In fact, Hendrix looked like he wanted to murder them all.

I closed the front door and walked closer to my brother's. They didn't seem to notice me, and neither did the three other people.

All I wanted was Elinor, so I decided to break the tense mood and ask, "Um, where's Elinor?"

As soon as I spoke, all six of their eyes snapped to me. The three people that I didn't know looked surprised and then smiled at me.

"She's upstairs sleeping. It's best if we all deal with this together," Hendrix said, gesturing to the three people that sat in front of him and my two other brothers.

I gulped. I didn't know what this was about. But, I obliged and sat down, making sure to listen for Elinor just in case she wakes up.

"Ahem. So, now that Elias is here, we may continue," someone said. It was one of the three people that were here. He was tall and kind of scrawny. He wore a suit and had rectangle wire glasses. He looked to be about in his mid 60s.

I looked over to my brothers and I saw all of them glare at this man. I wasn't sure why they were even here or what for.

"Let's cut to the chase," Enzo practically growled, "Elias has no idea what you people are talking about, and considering this has to do with him, I suggest we include him. My brothers and I will not be making decisions for Elias."

The man looked from me to Enzo and then back to me. He cleared his throat and said, "Alright. Then let's not beat around the bush any longer. Your ex girlfriend, Amber Roux, and her mother and father have hired me to take Elinor back to them."

My stomach dropped. How could she?! She hasn't even met Elinor yet! Where has she been these last 6 months while I've been taking care of our child??!

I was livid now. How dare she try to take away the one thing that I need to survive.

I looked at the man with a deadly look. He gulped and then cleared his throat, "it seems as though you don't have a choice. Amber is the mother so-"

Hendrix, who also looked livid cut him off, "Just because Amber is the mother doesn't mean shit. Where has she been these last 6 months? Elias has worked his butt off and is a great father. Elinor doesn't even know her mother! She'll never be comfortable with random people she doesn't know. She is loved here by her real family."

The man sighed, "well unfortunately, that is the way it has to be. We must leave now, but we must collect the child on the way out."

I hopped up so quick and ran upstairs where my daughter was sleeping soundly. I gently but urgently picked her up.

"You won't take her!" I said. I really wanted to yell at these men, but Elinor was sleeping.

"Please Mr. Sterling. Let's not make things complicated. Just give up the child and then you can go on with your life as if nothing happened," a different man said.

Lucian came over and took Elinor from me. I guess he could see me slowly losing my cool. He walked out of the room with her.

"I CAN'T JUST GO ON WITH MY LIFE. SHE IS MY LIFE!"

The man walked closer to me and was about to put his hand on my shoulder, but he was blocked by Enzo.

"Don't touch. You can't just come into our home and start demanding things. You've seem to forgotten who we are, allow me to remind you," after saying that, he grabbed the man's hand that was on my shoulder and twisted it.

The man cried out.

"Next time you should think before you decide to take something we love away from us. Now get out!" Hendrix yelled. All three of the men scrambled out of the house.

I dropped to my knees. This couldn't be happening. I thought Amber would have wanted to be in mine and Elinor's life.

Hendrix crouched down beside me, "they'll only keep trying, but each time, we have to fight for Elinor. I promise, I will not let anyone or anything take Elinor away from you, Elias," he said.

I felt a little bit better with my brother's reassurance. I knew that he really would try anything in his power to keep Elinor with us.

After all, family meant everything to us Sterling's.