xxiii. domestic bliss.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE !

Smut warning in the second part;read at your own discretion

read at your own discretion.

DANIELLE OFTEN WONDERED, GOING against everything inside of her that screamed to just forget it, she wondered how Abby was doing. The two had once been friends, or perhaps acquaintances was a better word as it hadn't been very difficult for the blonde to leave Danielle for dead.

Twice.

But despite her best efforts, she still found herself curious as to how her former friend was getting on. Was she still alive? Was she still travelling with that Seraphite kid? Did they make it safely to wherever they were going? So many questions ran through her mind.

   As she stood in the kitchen, watching as the pot that was filled with carrots, potatoes and peas bubbled, she once again found herself wondering about the Anderson girl. She missed their conversations about the latest novel they had read, discussing the characters and the flaws of the storyline. Danielle had always appreciated the camaraderie that existed between her and Abby.

It was just gone now. She wondered if Abby thought about her as much as she thought about Abby. Probably not.

"Hey." The sound of her lover's voice caused the brunette to spin around, leaning her body against the countertop as she looked over at the redhead.

Ellie, who was dressed in her usual attire of a pair of jeans, a plaid shirt and a pair of white socks that would inevitably become stained, held up a box, which looked dusty and extremely old, lightly shaking it to introduce the collection of parts that tumbled about inside. "Found this game earlier and was wondering if you wanted to play it after dinner."

Danielle's hands came up to rub at her face, massaging her temples and forehead attempting to ease some of the tension that had no doubt built up along her brow line. She forced out a, "Yeah sure." in reply.

The unenthusiastic response from the Linden girl caused a frown to form on Ellie's face. Her eyebrows furrowed as she asked, "You okay?"

"I'm fine. I think I'm just a little down today." Danielle admitted with a shrug before she used her upper arm strength to lift herself up onto the free space upon the countertop, sitting down and bringing her to a taller height.

The auburn-haired Williams girl set aside the game box, leaving it for another time, before slowing walking further into the kitchen until she stood just before Danielle. "Anything I can do?"

"Hold me?" Danielle reached out to grab hold of the soft cotton fabric of Ellie's shirt, tugging on the redhead until she moved to stand right in between Danielle's open legs. "Never leave me."