v. upstanding citizen.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER FIVE !

   THE ONCE FREEZING COLD weather of winter was slowly starting to dissipate and Danielle couldn't have been more thankful

   THE ONCE FREEZING COLD weather of winter was slowly starting to dissipate and Danielle couldn't have been more thankful. Though the air continued to nip at the skin, it was no longer necessary to wear so many layers.

   Nearly an entire month had passed since the murder of Joel Miller and Danielle had been thankfully given a job within the community of Jackson. Due to her advanced medical knowledge, which had surprised many of the community doctors, she had been allowed to begin working in the medical centre. It was all thanks to the recommendation of both Tommy and Maria, both of whom had been incredibly accommodating to the young girl.

   As far as the medic knew, her involvement with the WLF was still not public knowledge. Tommy had insisted no one would ever find out, which Danielle was thankful for, though she wondered why. Why was the Miller man going to such lengths to defend her? He should blame her and yet he just...didn't.

   While Danielle appreciated it, she was still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sooner or later, reality would set in for Tommy, the anger he buried away within would surface and she'd been gone. It was only a matter of time and she knew it. This was why Danielle had been working extra hard, trying to prove herself. In her short time in Jackson, the young girl had become an upstanding citizen.

   It had been about five days since the young girl had laid eyes upon Ellie Williams. She had been walking back home when she noticed the lights on Joel's porch on, cascading down on the figure of Ellie. The freckled girl had been hunched over in the rocking chair, her eyes staring down at her feet. Danielle had never seen someone look so completely lost before.

   Not wanting to intrude, Danielle had quickly picked up her pace, almost sprinting until she reached the comfort of the home she had been given. It was there she released a deep breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding.

   She felt so lightheaded around the freckled redhead. Every glance her way, sent Danielle into a tizzy. She had chalked it up to nerves which was understandable. Facing Ellie scared the living daylights out of her. Which was exactly the cause of her funny breathing pattern as she walked closer and closer, the snow crunching beneath her feet, to the small Garage owned by Ellie.

   Only minutes before she was to finish for the day, the young brunette had been pulled aside by Maria. According to the woman in charge, Tommy had requested that Danielle check up on Ellie, which had surprised her to say the least. I mean, what was she supposed to say? She couldn't exactly say no, could she?

   As she stood outside the door, a faint conversation could be heard inside, just beyond the closed wooden door. With a tense sigh, Danielle lifted her left hand and knocked upon the door, which opened in seconds. There stood both Ellie and Tommy, both of whom looked absolutely exhausted and in the middle of an important discussion.