x. carotid.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER TEN !

   THE GAS HAD FINALLY been procured after the three girls had traversed through both the dome, which they had learned was actually a synagogue thanks to Dina and her Jewish heritage, and through the courthouse garage which had been crawling amass...

THE GAS HAD FINALLY been procured after the three girls had traversed through both the dome, which they had learned was actually a synagogue thanks to Dina and her Jewish heritage, and through the courthouse garage which had been crawling amass with runners and clickers. The infected had truly taken over Seattle.

The once suffocating atmosphere that surrounded Ellie and Danielle had dissipated greatly ever since the redhead had gifted Danielle the photo containing her past. While their relationship hadn't changed much, —they weren't going to suddenly gossip about Dina when she wasn't listening or chitchat about their childhoods, the air around the two had certainly shifted.

Danielle found herself mounted on top of Shimmer, waiting patiently for Ellie and Dina to return to their horses. The brunette had decided to give both Dina and Japan just a little bit of space and had swiftly hopped on the back of Ellie's horse after they had left the courthouse. The redhead hadn't seemed to mind, instead she appeared to simply shrug off the extra rider of her horse.

Ellie and Dina had hopped down from the horses mere seconds prior, both working together to open the large gate that had hindered the trios journey through the city. The deafening sound of scraping metal filled the air as Danielle watched the gate finally open up, her hazel eyes taking in the ruined streets of Seattle just up ahead.

"It worked." The freckled announced somewhat happily as she heaved herself back up onto the horse, just narrowly avoiding kneeing Danielle into the side.

The brunettes hand fell to the Williams girl's waist, lightly gripping the fabric of her jacket. Danielle's hold upon the jacket sent the unmistakable shiver of nerves coursing through her body, though to didn't appear to even phase Ellie. She was initially hesitant to hold onto the redhead at all but after a particular harsh jostle, courtesy of Shimmer, the fabric of Ellie's jacket was held tightly between Danielle's fingertips to avoid her flying off.

"Well, no welcoming committee." The redhead stated sarcastically. She wasn't wrong. Danielle had half expected a fleet of WLF to swarm them before they could even step a single foot past the gate.

"Or, they're just waiting for us." The dark haired Dina replied while tapping her foot again her horse, prompting Japan to start trotting along the streets.

"Let's look for a way in." Ellie suggested as her fingers gripped tightly to the reins of her horse. Her gaze shifted cautiously around. "Keep an eye on those windows."

The decaying bodies of both infected and non-fungal humans alike, were littered along the asphalt. The stench of rotting flesh filled the air, attacking their nostrils as they traversed through the streets. The Serevena Hotel that once sat far in the distance, now grew closer and closer as the girls moved further into the city.