Jimin lied through his teeth: "I wasn't avoiding you. These days, I've been quite busy."

Taehyung: "......"

Honestly speaking, the past few days had been harsh on Jimin too. After all, forcefully suppressing your emotions wasn't an easy task, and no matter how well he avoided the other during the day, he still had to see Taehyung at night in the dorms.

Now that they've talked it out, he also felt relieved of this burden, and decided to no longer avoid Taehyung.

Besides, they had a duet to prepare for, so how could he hide away......

"Don't take it to heart," Jimin added somewhat guiltily. "Let's first think of what to play."

Taehyung looked at him, then scooted over on the bench and said, "Come sit."

Jimin: "......"

The two of them sitting together really was cramped, and they needed to shrink their shoulders to avoid touching each other.

Jimin tried to alleviate his nervousness by talking: "That, the song you just played, what's its name? It sounded quite nice."

", by David Hicken, and it's pretty easy to learn. Let's try modifying this and see where to go from there." With that, Taehyung demonstrated how to play the first segment of the song.

When he finished, he asked, "Did you get it?"

Jimin: "Yes." It was very simple.

Taehyung instructed: "You play the lower octaves. Every 4 beats, add a main chord."

"Ok......" Jimin placed his left hand on the keys, and the two of them tried out each playing a different hand.

After that, as Taehyung taught Jimin what to play, they added more and more complex chords and trills, and the song slowly took shape. Because parts of the song spanned multiple octaves in succession, Taehyung would end up playing notes in Jimin's range, causing their bodies to tightly press together.

Jimin had no way to avoid this, nor did he have the mind to. Soon, he was sucked into Taehyung's innovative creativity as the song grew more and more exciting and pleasing to the ear.

If modifying the song was left to him, at most he'd change a few chords or add more complexity to the same tunes, but Taehyung not only modified the chords, he also changed the basic melody of the piece and cadences. Although it sounded a bit messy at times, but one could tell all the changes were made with thought and consideration.

Now this was a true test of a pianist's abilities, and not everyone who reached level-10 was capable of such a feat.

After they finished the song, Jimin had become very invested.

"How was it?" Due to expending high levels of concentration earlier, Taehyung looked a bit tired as he smiled, "Did it sound better?"

"Yes. Then let's go with this?" Jimin asked.

"No way, this is too elementary. I was just testing out how well we sound playing a four-hand duet" Taehyung then turned towards Jimin: "Do you have any other suggestions for songs we could modify?"

Being this close, Jimin could count Taehyung's long, long eyelashes......

He really wanted to get closer and lick......

"......!!!"

Jimin snapped his head away, shocked by his shameless thoughts. He should really just smash his head against the keys!

Forcing his tone to sound even, Jimin said: "I don't know either. I've mostly played Beethoven and Chopin...but I don't think people would enjoy listening to those."