"Spencer, it's Cassidy. Can you hear me?" I begged, trying to identify if he had a heart beat, which luckily he did. I put my ear near his mouth, trying to see if he was breathing.

"We need an ambulance immediately at 937 Hoover Street, apartment 23. We have an Agent down." Penelope called for help.

"He's breathing." I nodded.

"Yes, we have an Agent down. That's what I said!" She said, clearly panicking. I leaned back, my hand going to my chest as I cried, JJ taking my place. She was confused as to why I wasn't helping him.

My heart raced more and I felt myself panicking and crying more when he started seizing up.

"No. No, no, no, no." JJ's eyes widened in shock and panic, trying to stop whatever was happening.

Penelope could see the panic and horror on my face. She dropped to my level and wrapped her arms around me, clearly figuring out what Spencer and I had been trying to hide for a year now. She knew it, without saying anything.

———
(25 Minutes Later)

Before long, Spencer was being wheeled into the hospital on a bed, an oxygen mask around his mouth.

"It's Dr. K. Can you hear me, sir? How long has he been unconscious?" The doctor asked, looking at JJ, Penelope and I.

"I don't know. There was an explosion 24 hours ago. Could it be a concussion?" JJ asked, talking to the doctor while Penelope held my hand, trying to calm me down. Seeing him like this - unconscious - I hated it.

"So he's been under a lot of stress?" The doctor asked, JJ nodding.

"Yes, he's an FBI Agent." JJ informed her.

"I need to run some tests. Are you family?" The doctor asked, JJ looking at Penelope and I.

"Uh, not technically. That would be his mom." JJ nodded.

"Get him to CCU. ‭I need to talk to his mother right away." The doctor demanded, walking with the other doctors and nurses who were beginning to wheel Spencer away.

"It's Emily." JJ looked down at the messages on her phone.

"Go." Penelope nodded.

"No, no, no. I'm not leaving." JJ refused.

"Spence will understand. The team needs you. I've got this. Go." Penelope smiled.

"Cassidy, you coming?" JJ looked at me, a confused look on her face.

"Let her stay here, JJ. She and I have a lot to talk about." Penelope smiled as she held onto my hand, JJ giving me a look of confusion before Penelope took me with her as we followed Spencer and the doctors.

Soon enough, Diana arrived at the hospital, Penelope seeing her. I sat beside Spencer's hospital bed, keeping an eye on him. The doctor brought Diana close to the room.

"Oh, Diana, hi. Hi. It's Penelope. I work with Spencer. I've come to see you before." She smiled, watching as Diana looked at her with confusion.

"Diana, Spencer fell and he hit his head really hard, and he's not conscious." Penelope explained, seeing the guilt and the sadness on my face.

"Well, let's wake him up. Let's see him." Diana pushed past Penelope.

"He'll listen to me. Spencer." Diana called out to Spencer, confused when he didn't reply back.

"It's not him. No. No, no, no. This is not my son." She shook her head, her face dropping.

"Diana, it's me. Cassidy. You remember me?" I looked up at Diana through my teary eyes, seeing her face light up.