Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Eight Months Later...

"Absolutely fucking not. Out of the question."

"What the fuck! It's been a fucking year! It's just a trip to town!"

"No means no. I already have to deal with you and River sneaking around behind my back and you and Cain getting into fist fights every time you cross paths."

"That has nothing to do with this!"

"It has everything to do with it. Now fuck off so I can get some actual work done, brat."

"Ugh!"

The door to Hades's office slammed shut behind me. I cursed and whipped around to glare at the gold gilded doors made up of stupid gay swirly designs that Lucy insisted was called Rococo. Yeah, now I was positive the asshole was making up words to confuse me.

"You can't keep me here for the rest of my life!" I shouted, slamming my fist into the doors.

"We'll see about that," came Hades's snide response and then he turned on his playlist so all I could hear now was AC/DC's T.N.T. blaring through the doors. I narrowed my eyes, debating just punching another hole in his office door, but last time I'd done that, the asshole had confined me to my room for two days and I was already feeling stir crazy. Having my space narrowed down like that would drive me insane.

Gods, that guy was an asshole.

I'd officially been living in Hacian for about a year now, and that still hadn't changed. Even when I finally started doing all the shit they told me to do to get stronger. I ate whatever the fuck they gave me and did whatever the fuck they wanted me to do. I'd gained back some weight and now looked relatively normal, or at least, to everyone else. I still thought I was a skinny bitch, but according to Hades, I was the ideal weight for my size or whatever. So fine. Progress, I guess.

I continued lifting weights and exercising within my means. I even went outside and played fucking dodgeball and hide and seek and whatever the hell else the brothers could come up with to keep me fit, but even after all of that, one little trip to town was out of the question.

Fine.

Plan B.

I made my way down the hallway to Lucy's office. Sure enough, his door was slightly cracked open, which was his way of saying that I could come bother him whenever the fuck I wanted.

"Lucy, your butt buddy's being an asshole," I barked, throwing the door open. Lucy jumped in his seat, a pen flying out of his hand and landing on the floor. He stared at me for a moment, then reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose before he looked at me pointedly now.

"Stop calling me that. And, no, he's just concerned about your wellbeing," he said dryly, rising to his feet to fetch the pen and I walked over to take my chance to plop down in his seat, making him straighten and stare at me, "What happened to playing hide and seek with Theo and Adonis?" I rolled my eyes as I spun in his chair to face his computer screen, frowning at all the gobbledygook that made sense to him.

"No," I grunted, leaning forward on the desk and wiggling the mouse to get rid of the annoying screensaver of all Lucy's kids, including Hades's brood, "I hate playing hide and seek with them. They always hide together and end up making out or whatever. It's gross." Lucy smiled thinly and took my hand off his mouse and turned my seat so I was facing him.

"Perhaps you could find your own future husband and occupy him?" He asked. I wrinkled my nose.

"River's in Inferi with his dad, something about shopping for outfits for this wedding ceremony you guys keep going on about," I said, then pushed myself up to my feet and Lucy stepped back to raise an eyebrow, "Hades hasn't even said yes yet, so I don't know what they're doing shopping for shit. I'm not even sure if I'm ready for it myself." Lucy cocked his head as I walked over to start poking around his bookshelves that were littered with an array of family photos, collector's items, and dumb books that meant nothing to me.