Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I needed to see Bait.

If it was true that those were memories and not just a fever induced hallucination, that means Bait really was there and he knew exactly who'd fucked me up. He hadn't known their names at the time, in that particular memory or dream or whatever, but he had to know by now.

Of course, figuring out where the fuck he was and how to contact him was impossible. Every time I asked someone, I was met with that's on a need to know basis and even though I needed to know right the fuck now, nobody seemed keen on sharing.

It was time to do a little digging.

"We should invite those losers back," I said after taking a drink of water. Lucy blinked and looked up, frowning curiously while Hades pinched the bridge of his nose, like he could think of a thousand reasons why he should just give up and bury me in the garden in the backyard. Of course, Naia looked confused and Jaques just rubbed his temples. Alaric and Raven looked clueless.

"You're gonna have to narrow that down," Hades said after a moment.

"Six, Three, and Seven," I said, then paused and wrinkled my nose, "And that pretty one. Forgot his name."

"Hadrian?" Naia offered.

"Yeah, him too," I said.

"I didn't even know you knew Hadrian," Naia mused. I shrugged, pausing to stir around my soup a little.

"Sorta. Apparently those guys got my ass out of the Mother's dungeons, so maybe I should... I dunno. Say thanks or something. Why do I need a reason to want to see people? I thought I wasn't a prisoner," I added, cutting Hades a glare. Hades stared at me, then looked at Lucy, who looked surprised at the attention. He cocked his head, like he was listening to whatever telepathic message Hades was feeding him. Probably something about how I was annoying and he wanted to take me out right here and now. It made sense when Lucy shook his head, like he was telling Hades that wasn't appropriate.

At this point, I was just ad libbing their stupid telepathic conversation. It went a little something like...

I'm gonna kill him, Lucy. Let me rip his head off and bury him in the yard.

That's not good for the garden, my precious gift from above. We have to help him because I'm overcompensating for my tiny dick.

Yes, your dick is tiny. Also I can just bury him under the fountain. What harm would that do?

You'd poison the ground water. No, no, let's humor him a little.

"Alright," Lucy said after a second, making Hades wipe his hands down his face, "I don't see why not. Raven, would you mind supervising?" Raven paused at that and I grimaced.

"Another babysitter?"

"You've been attacked twice since you got here," Hades retorted, "Why the fuck would we let you go anywhere alone?"

"Because I was also attacked out there too, so why not? If I lived every day in fear, what's the point in living?"

"Being alive," Hades deadpanned. Lucy patted his hand gently and Raven smirked, glancing down at his food before looking up with a smile.

"I'd be happy to hang out for a while, dad."

"Excellent. I'll give the guys a call and see if they're willing to stop in today," Lucy said with a nod, rising to his feet to take his phone call out in the hallway. I rolled my eyes and slammed my arm down on the table in frustration, glaring down at the bowl of soup. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and saw Jaques make a face at my noise, so he looked at Hades, like he was expecting Hades to do something. I was surprised to see Hades scowl, like he had no idea what Jaques was talking about. Jaques rolled his eyes and turned to Naia, who shook her head and patted his shoulder.