Chapter 22: Mount Hakobe Part 2

Beta read by Shigiya

.

.

.

-Mount Hakobe-

To say that it was cold would be an understatement. The temperature at the top of Mount Hakobe, where Broly and the rest had been dropped off, was low enough that their breathing fogged up almost instantly when exhaled. Some felt their hands go numb, their bodies shivering from the thunder which blanketed their vision with a white screen of snow and ice.

It was like being inside a refrigerator... No, even worse than that! This was like being forced inside a freezer and left there for years. A few members of the group even started having doubts if Macao could have survived such an unforgiving climate. The blizzard just kept getting stronger with each passing hour and not long after, it would become impossible for them to continue their search

"Yikes..." Wakaba said as he walked through the thick layer of snow. His mood having dropped quite a bit as the cold wind kept extinguishing his cigar. Thankfully through sheer stubbornness and the use of his own magic, it managed to stay lit despite the environment.

The snowfield went up all the way to his knees, making the simple task of walking rather difficult.

Wakaba wasn't wearing any real winter clothing; instead, he wore a regular floral pattern shirt with red pants that was not meant for such weather. Fortunately, the cold didn't bother him that much, his smoke magic covered his body, shielding him from the elements to some extent.

Looking behind him, he saw the others following suit.

"Macao, where are you!? Did you get eaten by a Vulcan!?" Natsu shouted out, gazing around wildly in search of his guild member. The boy was unaffected by the harsh climate more than Wakaba, given he was a fire Dragon Slayer—it wasn't that surprising.

"Stop shouting! You'll cause an avalanche and get us all killed!" Lucy scolded the young boy, moving around with that green oversized coat that covered her body, making the girl look like a child wearing her parent's clothes.

She was walking closely to Broly, the latter wearing even less clothing than Natsu!

Somehow, only wearing a pair of shorts, exposing his toned chest and arms. His muscular physique easily rivaled the likes of Elfman and Laxus. What caught his attention was the many scars from past wounds... some even looked lethal. He didn't know the man's past, but he did feel pity for the fella for what he had to go through. 

"Come on, don't tell me you're afraid of a little snow?" Natsu said, huffing at Lucy's remarks.

"I'm not scared, I just think we should find shelter soon!" she retorted back, a comment that made Wakaba sigh. It was practically guaranteed for there to be no shelter or signs of human habitations. Even looking last the climate, one couldn't live here due to the Vulcan population, the only trace of human settlement being at the foot of the mountain rather than all the way up here.

"Why? We can handle this!" Natsu replied, a confident grin spreading across his face. "Macao! Romeo brought back a girl into your house!"  The boy continued to shout but to no avail. 

"You know what, it'll be best if we split up," Wakaba suggested. "I'll go with Elfman, Natsu with Happy and you two newbies can team up together, I guess." To be honest, even he was beginning to get worried for his friend's wellbeing. He knew Macao could handle a couple of Vulcans with little to no problem, but he feared for the worst if none of them could find a trace of him. The man didn't even bother to try and team up with Lucy as his mind was too preoccupied.