iv

at around 1, the bell rang for lunch, but since both sam and max are slow, they were left behind.

"hey, since no one's here, wanna ride?" max asked, motioning to her board. "like, on your di-" sam started, to which max interrupted. "no, my skateboard you asshole" max giggled. that brunette always made her laugh. if she had a dick though she would totally let her ri- woah there max. chill the fuck out.

"sure i guess. but if i break my arm, your paying for it." sam warned, making max laugh. she set her board on the ground to let sam step on. "thank you, m'lady." sam sarcastically said, in a british accent. "anything for you, princess." max smiled, in a british accent. sam immediately got flustered and had to stop her self from smashing their lips together. max pulled sam and the board with her as she walked, her hand interlocked with sams, who was holding on for dear life. when the two sped up, max thought it was a great idea to let go of sam's hand.

it wasn't that bad of an idea, except that they were near a wall and max never taught sam how to turn. as sam was yelling at max on what to do as she basically flew on the skateboard, max ran after her. when the board was almost at the wall, sam jumped and landed with a thud on the ground. "shit, sam are you okay?" max asked worryingly, checking sams face and arms to see if she had even a scratch.

"i'm fine, but i don't really wanna skateboard anymore." sam admitted, giggling.

-

the two walked into the cafeteria, and the line had almost been gone. since they were near the door, there was a trash bin with metal lunch trays on the top.

"aw, that's so sad. at least the dyke made friends with the new girl, though." a popular girl said quite loudly. and holy shit, did that make sam suddenly angered. the first thing she thought was stand up for her and max, so she grabbed one of the metal trays from the garbage stand and walked over to the girl. the whole cafeteria was quiet, and everyone was watching sam, including the party.

when sam had finally walked up to the girl who was now standing, she banged the side of the tray to the girls right temple, causing it to cut and bleed. the girl suddenly fell onto one of the benches near her, and the blood dripped over her eyelid and to the crook of her nose. when she finally look up, the blood ran down the bridge of the girls nose. "you leave me and my friends alone asshole." sam angrily huffed at the girl. the girl smirked.

"or what." she snarked. sam got out her pocket knife, switching it so now the blade was out. she grabbed the girls wrist forcefully and brought the blade dangerously close to the girls palm. "stay away, from me and my friends." sam repeated to the now panicked and crying girl. "okay, okay, okay!" the girl screamed, begging for sam to let go. the brunette let go, causing the girl to fall on the floor as she cried and wailed into her friends arms in fear.

sam backed away, looking at all the kids who were staring at her. she looked at the party, and will locked eyes with her for a split second before the short girl rolled her eyes and walked away and out the cafeteria, max watching in shock, yet loyalty the whole time.

-

since sam technically started a fight, according to her principal, she had to attend 15 minute detentions for the whole week. sam honestly was relieved that she didn't get suspended.

when she exited the detention classroom, she saw that dustin and lucas were talking to max. at the moment, dustin was showing max the trap he made, max unamused.

she walked to them and heard "so, we were talking last night, and you're new here, so you probably don't have any friends to go trick or treating." by dustin. max turned to sam and looked down. she mouthed "hey peaches." before turning back to the curly haired boy who was looking at sam with a glare.  "and your scared of bullies, so uh, we were thinking, that it would be okay if you come with us." dustin finished.