just freinds?

We walked down the dark, gloomy streets of small heath. But in that moment it felt like my legs were unable to work on the own and the only thing that was keeping me going was Tommys strong grip on my wrist dragging me behind him, I looked around and it felt like everything was going in slow motion as the images of tonight's events replayed again and again in my head. I let out a deep breath to try and stop my head from spinning and I needed to sit down "tommy" I merely whispered as I did not have the energy to talk properly "tommy" I said again before falling backwards as my eyes shut and then nothing.

The next morning
I woke up in a familiar place I knew it was the Shelby's house without even opening my eyes as I could smell Polly's cooking from upstairs. The room seemed unfamiliar though and to my horror as I opened my eyes I realised that was because I was tucked up into Tommys bed. With Tommy no where to be found. "Shit" I said to myself as I stumbled out of the bed realising I had a large shirt on me instead of the blood covered clothes I was wearing last night. U made my way downstairs without even thinking twice about my outfit to find the whole Shelby clan around the table eating breakfast. "Look who finally got up" Arthur said as he looked at me "Ivy you alright?" Polly asked me getting up to take a look at me "yes I'm fine thankyou" I said as I took a seat next to Arthur. Tommy did nothing but stare at me and I could feel his eyes burn a whole into the side of my head as I talked to Arthur "shirt looks good on you" he said winking at me "shut up it's nothing like that" I said giving him a gentle slap on the arm "whatever you say Ivy."

We finished breakfast and I went over to Tommy to ask where my clothes where "Tommy" "yes Ivy" he said not taking his eyes of his newspaper "where are my clothes?" "Bin" he said dryly "what?" "In the bin" "tommy" "what" "fucking get here now" I said grabbing his arm and dragging him upstairs to his room. "Have fun you two" Arthur joked from the bottom of the stairs, I dragged him into the room and slammed the door "ok what the fuck is going on?" "What" "Tommy yesterday we killed two men and then I woke up in YOUR bed and in YOUR clothes so please explain what the fuck is happening!" "Well last night outside the pub you fainted so I brought you here and put you to bed" "and my clothes?" "Are in the bin like I said they were covered in blood" "so what do I do now then?" I asked as he lit his cigarette "where that it looks good on you" he said pointing to his shirt that I had on. "Thomas" "what" he said with a playful smile "I can't wear this" I said gesturing to the shirt I had on that barley covered my arse "what not" he said sitting down on the chair in the corner of his room staring at me "I look like a whore" "nothing wrong with whores" "tommy" "stop saying my name Arthur will think something going on" he joked "haha very funny" I said walking over to him and snatching his cigarette "you could have asked for one" "wanted yours" "you do know we have work" "no shit but I can't fucking go down like this" "why not" "I've already told you I look like a whore" "how?" "I just do" "stand up" I stood up and took a drag "spin" i followed his orders "you look fine" he said "are you taking the piss?" "Nope" "atleast give me something to cover my arse" to which he laughed amused as he watched me search through his wardrobe. Clearly finding nothing as I lay down on his bed and let out a deep breath "come on we can't be late" he said getting up out of his chair "I'm not going" "come on" "tommy I am not going to a betting den dressed like a whore so all the lads there can stare at me all day!" "Well then if any of them look at you like that I'll cut there eyes out, come on" he said trying to pull me up, but I pushed down all my weight "fine" he said as he picked me up bridal style "tommy what the fuck" I said laughing "you fucking asked for it" he said as he started carrying me down the stairs. "Tommy seriously put me down" "nope." Our little stunt clearly caught Arthur's attention as he looked up from his paper in confusion "what the fuck" "don't ask" me and Tommy both said at the same time "jinx!" I said touching wood "shut up" tommy said trying to bite back a smile.

I worked most of the day in Tommys office trying to stay away from most of the men in the office before disappearing early to get home. Which involved me practically sprinting down the street to try and avoid cat callers, I made it home, finally.

Being alone was horrible it was just me and my thoughts, the scenes from last night replaying in my head over and over again as I scrubbed under my nails to get the dried blood out. Fuck this. I cracked open my new bottle of whisky and got to drinking, one glass, two glass, three glass. I was gone.

I didn't want to be alone any more so I threw on a dress and stumbled out of the house down to the garrison. "Wow she's alive!" John said as i waltzed in the door "shocker" I said sarcastically taking a seat next to Tommy. "You left early" Tommy said to me "yeah sorry I just had to go home" "that's your job Ivianna you can't just leave" "yeah well when I got the job you never explained to me that I would be killing people did you?" I whispered causing his to give me a death stare "your drunk" was all he said "hm wonder why" I said getting up to go get another drink. "Whisky please Harry" "of corse Ivy" he said getting me down a drink "how's life?" He asked me "honestly I don't even know" I said laughing "any relationships?" "Nope" "you sure?" "Yes I'm sure" "hm" "what?" I said with a smile forming on my face "you and a certain someone seem to be getting very close" he said motioning over to Tommy "don't start" "what we can all see it" he said smiling "me and him are just friends, fuck that not even friends, we just work together" "whatever you say."

The night went on, the boys played cards and me and Pol had a catch up at the bar. "Not even friend's?" Polly asked me with a smirk "pol! You were eavesdropping on my conversation?" "Wasn't that hard you were speaking quite loud" "fuck sake" "not even friends?" She repeated "I don't know" "sure looked like friends when he was carrying you downstairs half naked with massive smiles on both of your faces" "it's nothing like that" "I can tell" "you can tell what?" "There's something there" "there's really not" "ok I believe you, but best be off now I'll make sure to leave the door unlocked so you and Tommy can sneak in again later" she said laughing "haha very funny" "I know, right boys come on!" She said shouting at them to get a move on. "God hold your horses woman!" Arthur shouted making me laugh "bye ivy, make sure you get home safe" Polly said hugging me "Thomas make sure to walk her"she said pointing a warning finger at her nephew "yes pol" "bye guys!" I shouted as they all left leaving me and Tommy alone.

"Right best be off then come on" I said to Tommy "sit" "excuse me" "sit down Ivy" I did what he said "what's this about?" I asked confused "right just let me speak, I am sorry for getting you involved in this alright, I should have never asked you to come the other night" "Tommy relax it's fine" "I said let me speak, I'm sorry okay?" "Tommy it's not your fault, they were going to kill you." We sat in a comfortable silence for a couple of minuets "can we go now it's pitch black" I said getting up but I felt a strong hand grab my wrist "Tommy?" I said confused as to why he was grabbing me "not even friend's?" He asked me "I don't know, come on let's go" I said trying to get up again before he dragged me back down "answer the fucking question" "I don't know" "ok" he said as he got up to get his jacket causing an awkward silence "well what are we?" I asked him quietly. He stared at me his ocean blue eyes sinking into my skull "I don't know" "neither" "come then your the one that wants to get back" he said pulling me up. We walked home in a comfortable silence both smoking our cigarettes to keep us warm. "Well I mean we've drank together, we work together, our horses are together, we've even killed together. So what does that make us?" He looked at me and slightly smiled "where did that come from?" "Dunno just thinking" "well I guess that makes us partners in crime" he said which made me laugh "I guess that makes us friends" he just smiled and then we finished the rest of the walk in silence. "Thank you" I said as I got to the doorstep of my home "oh Ivy meet me tomorrow early at the betting shop we're going to Kimbers to discus business" the mention of that name made me flinch and bring back what happened that night "ivy?,ivy?" He said pulling me back into reality "yeah" "what's wrong?" "Nothing" I said walking into my house "so you will be there?" "Actually I think I have plans sorry" "what plans?" He said stepping on to my porch to get closer to me "I have to go see a friend" I lied "what friend?" "Just one of the girls" "can it not wait?" "Nope sorry, it's late anyway you best be getting home, night" I said going to shut the door, before he hand pushed it back opened and he walked in shutting it behind himself. "Why don't you want to go to Kimbers?" He questioned me "I do I just have plans" "don't fucking lie to me Ivianna" "I'm not" I said stepping back "that night at Kimbers you disappeared, where did you go?" "Kimber was showing me round" "ballshit" "excuse me" "I'll ask you again, why don't you want to go to Kimbers?" "Because I have fucking plans Thomas" I said walking into the kitchen, he followed me "Ivy, don't make me ask again" "I've told you I have plans now please leave I need to sleep" he left without saying bye and made sure to slam the door behind him.

Sorry it's been a while been so busy, but back trying to upload every day. Also give me some ways you want this story to go all and any ideas you want me to add in xxx