personal nurse

The next night I sat at home with a glass of whisky reading a book next to the fire, literally the perfect evening. I'd decided not to go out that night because I figured I'd had enough Shelby drama for one week. Or so I thought.

Next thing you know there someone banging at my door. To my surprise when I opened it it's a little Finn Shelby "oh hello Finn how's the arm?" "Good thanks but you better come quick Arthur's hurt" I quickly ran upstairs to grab my coat and legged it out the door. I mean I would be lying if I said I wasn't exited to see the Shelby's again but as a nurse it was also my duty that I take care of someone when hurt. Well at least that was the excuse to see them all again.

Finn led me to the front door and into the Shelby household and it was so different from what I imagined, it was small but not cramped it was more cosy with lots of colourful furniture around. I made my way into the sitting area where a beaten up Arthur Shelby sat. "Ivy thank god your here Ada thinks she's a nurse" John joked. I took a look at him and he looked like he had been attacked by a fucking wild animal , his face was covered in blood and at least three of his fingers were completely bent back. "Christ what's happened to you" I asked "fucking coppers Ivy, the bastards" just at that moment Tommy walked through the door with a bottle of rum handing it to me and I put in on a rag and dabbed Arthur's wounds as he hissed at the pain. "So what we're the coppers saying?" Tommy asked "something about guns , saying the peaky blinders robbed some guns, what fucking guns Tommy? , what fucking guns!" I gave Tommy a worried look as he replied to Arthur with a "I don't know" I think Polly saw me look at Tommy because the rest of the time I was helping Arthur she was practically staring into my soul. Once I was done all the boys went up the road for a drink but I stayed with Polly. We sat at the table drinking tea when she said "so I guess he told you then" I acted clueless "told me what?" she could see right through my lies "you know what Ivy" "yeah he told me" I admitted "scary isn't it?" "not really everyone has guns" she was shocked by my carelessness but I think she forgets I was in the war. "it's strange that Tommy would tell you" "really why?" I asked "he doesn't tell people things , I practically had to force it out of him" she joked and I let out a giggle. "Are you scared of us Ivy , us Shelby's?" I acted clueless again "no why would I be?" "Do you know what we do" "I have an idea but it doesn't bother me and it's none of my business" I replied back as calmly as possible. She was a nice lady but Christ she could be intimidating. "I like you" she joked. For the rest of the night we gossiped about everything until it started to get dark and I left to go home. Isn't it crazy how it's only been a week and I'm sat in Tommy Shelby's kitchen with his aunt speaking about life.

The next day I was woken up to the unpleasant sound of the police banging on my door I could see them from out my window. I grabbed all my guns and knives from the war and shoved them in one of my floorboards just in time before the police burst in. The streets were mayhem peoples houses were being turned upside down. I didn't know what to do or where else to go but I found myself making my way down the Shelby's house in my bloody pyjamas . I knocked on the door and Polly answered "oh love are you alright, let me get the kettle on" "Pol what the fuck is going on?" "The police are searching for the guns Ivy" "and will they find them?" I asked worried. "No" why do I even care it wont affect me but even thought they have a bad reputation they have only ever been nice to me so I class them as good friend's I guess. She explained to me how the boys were at the fair so the police raided houses pretending like Arthur agreed to it when he never did. We sat down having tea and gossiping for a couple of hours until the boys got back. "Ivy?" Tommy asked as he walked in the door shocked to see me here without force. "Are you alright?" He asked me "well my house looks like a pigsty but other than that all is good" I joked. Polly sent them on there ways to pay for any damages and get there reputations back of being 'gangsters' and not working with the police. And on the way Tommy quickly walked me home and unusually I found myself inviting him in. My excuse to inviting him in was to show him the damage when to be honest I just wanted some company. "Fucking hell" he said as he saw what they had done to my house. "Shit" I said as I remembered. I quickly pulled up the floorboard to check that my things were still there and luckily they were. "You have guns?" Tommy asked in shock. "Yes why?" "Just didn't think you were that type of person" "there's a lot you don't know about me Thomas, plus you have guns"  "yes there just for protection" he said "well so are mine" he laughed which was rare. "Right Thomas get a broom and help please" he looked at me shocked, not knowing what to do "I'm joking, go on go help your brothers" I laughed "your a good actor" "Thankyou very much" I said as I let him out the door.