trouble

TW: sexual assault
Two Weeks Later
things are going perfectly, business is booming, I'm making double the money I made in my last job and I get to spend more time with the family that I had grown to love.

It's a Friday and obviously Friday nights are girls nights so I finished work, said my goodbyes and left to go get ready. I wore my favourite long red dress and curled my hair and even added a red lip to match. I met the girls and we walked to the garrison while all catching up with each other "I still can't believe you left an amazing job to work there Ivy" "first of all the job was shit and second, I get payed more than double I was making working there" "well at least it was legal money" "technically it is legal money" I said defending the betting shop, then Kate joined in "I mean who would have thought you out of all people working for the Shelby's" she said laughing "what's that suppose to mean?" "Your just not like that" "not like what?" "You know" "go on spit it out" "I'm not going to argue with you Ivy" she said walking ahead. Erm that was strange.

We finally arrived to the pub and ordered some drinks to ease the tension, "it's on the house Ivy" Harry said to me as he passed me my drink "what the fuck?" Kate butted in again "what?" I asked "how come you get free drinks and we don't" "don't ask me" I said walking off. Honestly going out with them use to be so fun and now all they like to do is pick my brains. And they act like they hate the Shelby's so much but when there here they throw themselves onto them for free drinks. I think Kate noticed I was pissed off and sat next to me before saying "so how's life?" Wasn't she literally ignoring me 2 seconds ago? "good, you?" "right now the juicy talk" she said making me laugh "fuck sake what now" "so you and Tommy?" "Erm no" "what do you mean no? I see the way you look at him" "I don't look at him a certain way" "yes you do" "no I don't" "but you do" "I don't" I said laughing. "anyway I'm going outside for a smoke, you coming?" I asked her. "Nah you go" "ok see you later" that was strange, she was in a mood with me one second about how I'm working for him and now she's asking questions about him.

It was freezing outside but I need fresh air from that sweaty cramped bar, I took out my pack of cigarettes and lit one "oi luv you ain't got a spare fag have ya?" A drunken man asked me "yeah sure" I said handing him one" "so what's your name?" He asked me. Fuck sake "Ivy" "pretty name for a pretty woman" I fake smiled in response "what are you doing out here on your own anyway?" "What does it look like I'm doing" I said gesturing to my cigarette "god feisty you are" he said "excuse me" I said trying to get past him to go back into the pub. As I decided I was done with this weird conversation before it had even started.But he grabbed my wrist and pushed me back against the wall.

"where you going?" He said putting on a fake sad face, "away from you" "fucking bitch you should watch your mouth" "and you should watch your hands" I said pushing him off me to which he kindly replied by slapping me round the face. I won't lie it shocked me and I held my face in shock "what the fuck is wrong with you!" I yelled pushing him back and going to walk off. He then pushed me back and pinned me up the wall again "now listen here you dirty bitch" he said trying to pull up my dress "get the fuck off me!" I said giving him a punch to the side of his head causing him to fall to the floor "your a fucking physcopath!" He said trying to get up. "Oi!" I heard from across the road "what the fucks going on!" I heard again as Tommy emerged from the dark streets of small Heath "Ivy you alright?" He asked me "yeah just this fucking bastards annoying me" "I'll sort him out go back inside" "what are you going to do Tommy?" "Ivy go back inside" "no tell me" "go back inside and I'll tell you after!" Fucking hell alright I thought. I went back inside and found my friend's "what the fuck happened to you?" "Nothing" "doesn't look like nothing" she said pointing to the bright red mark appearing on my face" it's fine" I said grabbing a drink and heading to the private room for some silence.

After about twenty minutes of sitting in there on my own Tommy finally arrived "the fuck did you do to him?" I asked quickly standing up as he walked through the door "sorted him out" "what does that mean?" "It means I sorted him out" "let me guess blind him?" "No" "then what?" "I'm not telling you" "why I can handle it" "fine I cut of his hands" he said. There was about 10 seconds of awkward silence as I did not have a clue what to even reply to that "good" I said. Followed by more silence as we both try to figure out what to say "what happened anyway?" He asked me breaking the silence "he's just a perv" "but what did he do" "nothing" "your face tells me different" "he slapped me round the face so I punched him back" "good" followed by more silence "I'm gonna go home" "I'll walk you." "It's fine you haven't even had a drink yet" "I'm walking you let's go" "it's not to dark stay if you want I'll be fine" "I'm walking you,let's go" he said firmly and I was not going to argue with that.

"So what's going on with the guns?" I asked him as he puffed of his cigarette which I couldn't help reach over and take out of his mouth for some reason. It was like when he had one it just looked so much better than mine "I've given you five packs" he said with a hint of a smile on his face "can't be arsed to get it out" he let out a silent laugh "the guns are fine" "good, what are you gonna do with them" "don't know yet" "they can't just sit there forever you know" "I know but there well hidden" "hmmm" "what are you humming at Ivianna" "your so secretive Thomas" I said taking the the cigarette out of his mouth again "would you like one?" He said laughing "no I just like pissing you off" "corse you do" "come here" he said walking a different direction than usual "fuck sake Tommy it's freezing" "just come on" he took us to the boat yard "what are we doing here?" "Felt like seeing the horses" "fine but we're only staying for 10 minuets."

I can't deny that I like the fact me and him both have horses it gives me an opportunity to see him more often. Even thought I literally spend every day with him now, this is becoming a problem. Usually with people he's cold and emotionless according to everyone else, and he is sometimes to me but I'm lucky I guess because sometimes a small smile creeps up on his face when we're together, which according to Polly is very rare. "Hi curly!" I shouted across the yard "oh Ivy, Ivy!" "Yes curly" "I've been waiting to see you" "why's that curly?" "Your beautiful horse is pregnant!" "Sorry?" I asked confused "she's having a baby!" "Wait so that means snow and my horse have?" "Yes yes!" He said exited "Christ Thomas could you not control your horse" I joked "takes after its owner" Charlie butted in. Which left me Charlie and curly piss ourselves with laughter "shut up, come on Ivianna you said 10 minuets" "right see you later you two" I waved goodbye "no but seriously Thomas you couldn't control your horse?" "It's not my fault" he said with a smirk on his face. "Fuck sake."

I went over to my horse and gently stroked her and then bent down to feel her tummy "definitely pregnant" I said laughing we stayed with a horse for a bit then finally started making our way back to my house. We had to go past the black swan where I got a lot of whistles and unwanted comments. "fucking shut up" Tommy said to them "fucking creeps" I said laughing at how angry he got "the fuck do you wear them stupid things anyway" "what stupid things" "them bloody tight dresses in the middle of winter" "because I like them" "clearly other people like them as well" he said we finally got back to mine "thankyou Tommy" "night Ivy" he said walking off.