Iowa [all members x reader]

Start from the beginning

8:07
You couldn't really make up what Corey was mumbling. You didn't really want to. Curiosity kills the cat, right?

8:10

𝘚𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱!
𝘚𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱!
𝘚𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱!
𝘚𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱!
𝘚𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱!

8:31

𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦!
𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦!
𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦!
𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦!

8:54

𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴.
𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴.
𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴.
𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴.
𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴!
𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴.
𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴.

9:33

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦.
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵.
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦.
𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

10:15
Plucking your guitar strings became harder and harder the more Corey let out his cries and yelps. You eyed the broken candle glass that glistened from a nearby flame. So much noise. So much noise. Calling this song heavy would be an understatement. Joey began going ham on his drums, almost as if he was trying to drown out Corey's vocals. You wished to as well, but your instrument limited your ability to do so.

11:00
Your guitar's pitch began rising high and low on repeat, result of your fingers slipping. Thankfully you were able to play it off, usually your band mates were able to tell the tiniest note difference in any given melody. Or maybe they let it slide, perhaps they were struggling to keep their composure too.

11:08

𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦?
𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦?
𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦?!
𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦!?
𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦!?

11:40
You felt the need to go help him. You looked up at Mick, who to your surprise was already staring right back at you. Though his Mask's expression is blank, you could read his demeanor perfectly. In a way he was comforting you, telling you to relax, but also telling you to stay put. You bit the inside of your cheek behind your mask, your eyes beginning to sting. You shook your head, responding in a 'This is so fucked up' way. Mick simply nodded his head lightly, breaking eye contact with you and staring into space. You looked down at his fingers as you continued to play, no signs of him trembling.

12:03
You and Mick stopped playing, letting Paul continue on his with bass line. You maneuvered your guitar strap over your head and very lightly placed your guitar on the ground, no sound emitting from its impact with the floor. You, now maskless, sat down criss crossed with your face in your hands.

13:02

𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

Corey's wails did nothing but upset you even more. They were real. He was making his way with the glass in there. The horrible feeling in your stomach grew stronger as the song went on. You had listened to fucked up songs like this before, and you weren't *that* emotional after listening to them, but being sat in-front of one produced by a close friend of yours was a completely different story. You were so unsettled.

What was even the purpose?
Someone get him out of the booth now.

13:59

𝘐 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘐 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘐 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

14:19

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

Fuck.

You looked up to be met with your quiet and unsettled band mates. This uneasy feeling mixed with your already upset stomach and your overwhelming worry was doing a number on you. Fuck, your stomach hurt so bad. You were so nauseous.

15:06
The second the bright red light went off, signaling there was no longer any audio recording, you jumped up and ran over to the bathroom, slamming the door. You fell onto your knees and loomed over the toilet, coughs and gags leaving your mouth. You needed to vomit, but it wouldn't come out. After a few minutes you only ended up actually throwing up for a few seconds. With tears dripping from the corner of your eyes from all the force, you weakly flushed the toilet and wiped your moth with your sleeve. You unlocked the door and walked back out to where everyone was to see them surrounding Corey. They didn't really know what to do. Except for Paul, who suggested they give Corey a little bit of space. Jim walked out first with the broken glass Corey used in his hands, Jim throwing it away and covering it with some extra papers. You looked beside you to see Joey sitting still, hadn't moved with the rest of the guys. He was looking back at you, his expression blank yet full of sorrow. "You okay?" He spoke, his tone of voice soft and low.

"Stomach bug." You replied flatly, quickly looking away from Joey and making your way over to the vocal booth. Paul stopped you halfway and told you to go get some water. He reassured you Corey would be fine, and to just give him five minutes to calm down. Then they'd clean him up and treat his wounds. Unwillingly, you followed Paul's orders and got yourself a bottle of water from Sid's mini fridge.

The rest of the guys besides Corey got themselves a drink and stood near each other in silence. Sid rose his drink in the air, and so did everyone else besides you and Craig.

"Iowa."

———————————————————