After going up and down the keys a few times, he turned to Taehyung: "This, the sound's not very bright......" He pressed the lower octave E key and added, "Though as a Yamaha, the timbre's not bad."

Perhaps due to no one using it for a long time, this piano needed some tuning, but it would do for practice.

Taehyung smiled: "Forget about that, play a song and see how it sounds."

Jimin's heart skipped a beat. He looked down, and then started to play.

After a few bars, Taehyung quickly recognized that this was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. This was a classic that he had also learned when he was young.

It was clear that Jimin's fundamentals were solid, though...his playing lacked an emotional appeal.

Perhaps it was a difference in how they were taught. Taehyung learned from professionals who focused on rhythm and expressing the full range of emotions through one's music. But just as he was absorbed in listening, the tune took a turn and changed...into another song.

Taehyung was a bit shocked. Jimin was doing fine, so why did he change to playing Fantaisie Impromptu?

Jimin expressionlessly continued, his heart jumping wildly.

He knew that this was a very clumsy way of testing the other, but he couldn't resist......

He wanted to recreate what happened 5 years ago, a flashback to their 1st duet.

However, after he finished and turned to look at Taehyung, he only saw an enraptured smile on the other's face, and nothing else.

Taehyung came back to his senses and even complimented: "Your Fantaisie Impromptu was great, especially the tension."

Jimin raised an eyebrow...that's it?

Taehyung thought a bit, then added, "Your Moonlight Sonata also wasn't bad, and I feel like your foundation is strong. You even had it memorized. I'd probably need to look at the score."

Jimin lowered his eyes, silent. The results of this test disappointed him, but he couldn't let that show.

Originally, he thought that if Taehyung remembered what happened 5 years ago and brought it up, then he'd also admit: I was there too.

And then, Taehyung would know that they already met a long time ago......

What an exciting development that would have been.

......But alas.

Taehyung this idiot, he really, and truly, forgot everything.

Jimin sighed in his heart, and then swapped places with Taehyung.

Taehyung chose a passionate song, one Jimin's never heard of, but from a technical perspective, it was very simple. If he listened to it a few times more, he'd be able to play it too.

When he finished, Taehyung eagerly turned around to hear Jimin's evaluation, yet all he received was two nonchalant words: "Not bad."

Even though Taehyung played with a lot of emotion, and the song also sounded great, but it wasn't enough to move Jimin. Especially not the Jimin who had just received such a gut-wrenching blow.

After a strange stretch of silence, Taehyung self-consciously asked, "Then, what song should we play?"

Jimin knit his brows, unwilling to give up, and asked as if in reminder, "Other than piano, can you play any other instruments?"

Actually, he really wanted to just straight up demand: Do you know how to play violin.

But he couldn't, because that would expose that he'd met and knew about Taehyung since years ago.