Ch.9 Search and Destroy

Cyra's Pov

Weiss: "Professor Oobleck?"

Oobleck began talking fast, per the norm, as he paces in front of us.

Oobleck: "Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, students, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any inhabitable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And..."

He zooms upright to Weiss' face as to clarify something.

Oobleck: "It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!"

Raiden: "A Doctor of Philosophy... No surprises there, doctor."

Weiss looks over at Blake, who is equally disturbed.

Weiss: "Uh..."

Oobleck: "Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind!"

Then, he pauses slightly as an afterthought to clarify:

Oobleck: "...schedule!"

With that, he zips off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second, leaving a small trail of dust in their wake.

Brisa: "Ugh... I feel like I cursed ourselves when I said this would be easy. But Raiden looks happy that we'll be going with Oobleck."

Raiden: "Why wouldn't I?"

Josh: "Aaaand.... now you're just weirding me out."

Weiss: "So it would seem....*

Ruby holds up a positive and upbeat demeanour before suddenly becoming as depressed as Brisa and her team halfway through.

Ruby: "Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse."

???: "Save the world?"

Me and the others turned around to see Nora and the rest of Team JNPR approaching us.

Nora: "You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! Maybe a little hungry?"

As if on cue, a growling sound can be heard from Nora's stomach.

Nora: "That last one's not your fault, though, Ren..."

Ren, for his part, simply crosses his arms and turns away, as I giggle at them.

Jaune: "Sounds exciting. Where ya going?"

Ruby: "Oh, just outside the kingdom..."

Nora: "Hey! So are we!"

Pyrrha: "Ren, and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village."

Ren: "We set out tomorrow."

???: "Then you can party with us tonight."

Out of nowhere, Neptune and Sun joined you and the others as he continued talking.

Neptune: "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Josh: "So, they're giving detective badges to a felon and his friend? I don't see the sense there."

I chuckled at Josh's dry wit as I shook my head in amusement. Brisa and Raiden laughed at Sun's shocked-to-the-bone expression he made when Josh said it.