Part 17 - Bad Blood

Start from the beginning

"Alice, come on. Don't be like this" he says.

"I'm really not in a good mood to talk at the moment. We're only going to fight even more. Let's continue this another time" you suggest.

"Fine" he sighs.

"Bye, Tony" you say.

"Talk to you later" he says more hopefully.

You hang up the phone and fall straight onto your bed. All this constant fighting isn't helping your mental health nor your relationship. He's out there with that intern in his room and you're supposed to stay calm and not worry about it? You're the overreacting one for not trusting that woman with him on this trip?

You try to let go of all that tension and prepare yourself something to eat for starters. You only had a few bites all day and it's now starting to annoy you. With a great dish and a mind off work for the night, as you promised to your friends, you find yourself enjoying the time along with whatever is playing on TV for a distraction.

"You're still up for tonight, right?" your friend, Melanie, asks on the phone.

"Of course, I'll take a shower and start getting ready right after" you assure her.

"Awesome, see you later" she sends you a kiss and you hang up.

You do as you said and quickly jump into the shower. It was a long one, the hot water relaxed you drastically and you took your time taking care of yourself. When you got out, you wore your underwear and bra and only found out a couple of missed calls from Tony when you picked up the phone.

"Are you finally talking to me?" he answers the call with that question.

"What do you mean? I never stopped talking to you" you crease your eyebrows.

"If I recall correctly you were the one ending the call because you weren't in the mood to talk to me earlier. And then you're not answering my calls" he says.

"Tony, I was taking a shower, I wasn't ignoring your calls" you explain.

"Alone or was someone there joining you?" he asks seriously.

"F*ck you" you don't hesitate at all.

"I'm only asking because that's a long f*cking time for a shower" he insists.

"I can't believe you have the nerve to say something like this to me" you laugh as a reaction to your anger.

"Okay, fine, I'm sorry. This is my anger speaking, you know I don't mean it" he sounds softer.

"You can't always say that after you offend me because of your anger" you say.

"I know, honestly. I'm trying to fix it, I promise" he sounds sure.

"Good" you reply sternly and look around your closet for the dress you want to wear for tonight.

"About earlier... of course you can stay over at my house. JARVIS will let you in, you'll find everything you might need there" he says.

"Thank you" you're still not replying to him very eagerly.

Instead, you focus on your outfit and carefully wear your dress. He must've heard you struggling with the zipper and your annoying little groans of dissatisfaction.