Im gonna stay away

Elena and Gwen walked through school "so where's Stefan ?" She asked

"It's complicated" Gwen shrugged "he's pissed off with Damon and I'm giving him space"

Elena agreed "Ronnie's ignoring me. I tried to stop her" Elena stared at the floor "I've called her five times"

"So you're now friends with Ronnie huh ?"

"Yeah" Elena fake chuckled "friends". She wanted the girl to be more then friends. More then anything actually.

The two got into class as their new history teacher walked in. He wrote his name on the board "Alaric Saltzmen. It's a mouthful I know, it doesn't exactly roll of the tongue"

Gwen turned to see Stefan's seat missing. She looked back up at the teacher.

The bell rang after a while "oh Gwen can you stay behind" he pointed

She walked up to him as everyone left "hi" she smiled

"Gwen Chambers" he held up a file "I've heard lots about you. You know your teacher kept a asshole file. You were top of the list"

"Yeah me and Mr Tanner didn't like me too much" she shrugged "I'm very sarcastic"

"I like sarcastic" he nodded "he said you're smart and very annoying"

She sighed "you'll understand why don't worry" she grinned "everyone does"

"Well I want to be on a good side with you" he pointed "I've heard about you by teachers and everything you've been through. Know I'm not trying to make hell for you"

"Thank you for letting me know"

Alaric threw the book of assholes in the bin "I want to get to know you more. Could you write me a essay about what you're interested in. Anything"

"Okay" she nodded "sounds like fun. Thanks Alaric" she smiled "it's a cool name"

"Why thank you".

***

Elena walked outside to see Ronnie waiting for her "hi" Elena walked up to her "where were you ?"

"I needed a couple days to clear my head" she nodded "a lots been revealed"

"Well are you okay ?" Elena asked concerned

"Im all good" Ronnie put her hands in her pockets "I got your messages I'm sorry I didn't reply"

"A simple I didn't kill Damon text would have been nice" She chuckled

She smiled "I didn't Kim him. As much as he deserved it" she sighed "listen I'm gonna back off for a little while"

"From school or from me ?" Elena asked

"It's better this way" Ronnie explained "I just feel like I can't get you involved"