Ch.8 Field Trip

Beginne am Anfang

For some reason, Raiden stiffened momentarily at the sudden mention of being a Grimm. Before they could even suspect what is happening with Raiden's mind, he quickly composed himself and smiled at the general in gratitude.

Raiden: "M-My thanks, General."

Ozpin: "Now, the general here has already informed of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've all rested, we were wondering if either the two of you had anything to add."

Glynda: "Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?"

Ruby: "I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked."

The mention of the assailant's clothing lighting up whenever she attacked intrigued Raiden.

Raiden: "So, you're saying she was wearing Dust-infused clothing then?"

Ironwood: "Precisely why we called you here, Mr Stormwing. Ruby told us about the situation briefly last night. We were hoping you might shed some light on the subject since you've been alive for over 500 years."

Glynda: "Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman Brisa and I fought the night we met Ruby."

Raiden: "And embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique, General. It could have been anyone. But..... after the situation in the CCT.... well, I did a little investigating last night, and I found out something very interesting."

Ozpin: "Go on."

Raiden: "So, Ruby, Brisa, you said that the woman vanished, right? Well, my guess is she must have gone somewhere near, so I asked a few guards if they saw anything. Two guards said they thought they saw somebody walk towards the ballroom, but it turned out to be nothing. I had a look around and found this:"

They all turned to Raiden to see him pull a mask out of Brisa's bag, and placed it on the desk.

Raiden: "This is the mask she wore, and it is completely made out of glass. This got me thinking: If she had the ability to change the form of glass, and she was wearing glass or dust-infused clothing, then she could easily have blended in with the party."

Glynda and Ironwood look at each other in amazement.

Brisa: "You got a point there, Raiden. Also, when she was attacking, her weapons seemed to combust every time she changed them into something else. So, I believe that she was using some sort of fire semblance to melt the glass into anything else she wants."

Raiden: "But I'm still at a loss for how she changed her clothes that fast without burning herself....."

Ruby: "Wait."

They all turned to face Ruby as she continues,

Ruby: "You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?"

Ozpin: "It's possible... But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together."

Ruby: "Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom."

Brisa and Raiden nearly had to stop the urge from snapping their heads towards Ruby in surprise. The action Ruby took was very risky. The information about the hideout in the Southeast came from the White Fang, and we had no actual evidence to link this crime to them, which could lead to some suspicions. Ruby was feeding the professors a half-truth that could be completely unrelated to the crime.

Ozpin: "Interesting."

Glynda: "I thought you said the intruder never-"

Ozpin: "Thank you for your cooperation, Brisa, Raiden, Ruby. Why don't you all go and spend some time with your teams? You have a big day ahead of you."