|Heart Laid Bare In Your Hands

Start from the beginning

A silent apology instead. No words were needed, such was the relationship between him and his hyung.

Taehyung sensed lean fingers smoothing his honey tassels back and forth, soothing and gentle like the lulling rhythm of the heartbeat beneath his ear and his eyes clenched tighter on their own accord, trying to commit the warm feeling of a very much alive Seokjin to his mind, perhaps to counter the nightmares that haunted him with a bloodied scene, a bruised Seokjin drawing in his last breaths.

The images singed his closed eyes.

"I'm sorry, hyung."

Meek and weighed, Taehyung whispered into Seokjin's hospital gown in order to push down the flashbacks.

The chest under him rose and fell steadily in response.

"I know you are but being sorry alone won't do it. I want you to realize the consequences of whatever happened yesterday and then I want you to stop doing what you did."

Taehyung slowly pushed himself up but had no courage to meet the eyes of his hyung, perhaps fearing the disappointment he would be met with once he looked up. He failed to see Jin's smile that spread a tad wider after taking a good look at the boy's blotched face and tear stained cheeks with the tip of his nose a crimson shade.

Taehyung stood there like the accused toddler receiving a mom lecture from his mother for stealing cookies from the jar.

"Taehyung, relax. I'm not mad at you, ok."

"But you're hurt because of me."

"Eeeee yeah, true that but that's something you should learn from."

"I was hoping he'd give up putting himself and others at risk in the name of harmless pranking. Hopefully, your injuries are going to help him come to his senses. Aren't they, Taehyung? "

Namjoon gave the honey haired a hopeful glance earning a wordless nod from his younger brother.

"Not only that but you also need to quit being a brat and start listening to what your security personnel have to say, whoever they may be because it's for your best interest, bear. Will you do that too?"

Jin moved his head down a little to catch the younger's lowered eyes.

"Yes, I wil, hyung."

Taehyung tried remembering when he had actually stolen cookies from the jar because he indeed felt like receiving a mom lecture right now, the feeling of all eyes focused on him wasn't really a pleasing thought yet he understood at the same time that this was coming his way, deserving.

"Pinky promise?"

The idol offered his pinky to Taehyung whose head rose up, meeting eyes with his for the first time and without wasting another second, joined his own smaller pinky with the older's, tightening it to seal the promise whilst he mumbled under his breath.

"I pinky promise you, hyung."

Their eyes stayed locked this time and both exchanged happy smiles, one's a bit teary, other's proud and ecstatic.

"Maybe you should sign up to be Taehyung's brother in my stead. I mean, we've been getting our asses kicked since he started his silly little pranks but nobody has been be able to put a stop to it. You-,"Namjoon nudged his head in Jin's direction, "- on the other hand succeeded in just five minutes."

"It's my world wide charm you could say, Mr. Kim."
Namjoon's stare lingered at the plump lips a little longer when they addressed him with the name. "But I'd admit, I am Taehyung's brother, just not blood related and besides, taking a bullet to knock some sense into him is a feat only I can achieve. "