7

The fourteenth night arrived with another update for the elated angel.

<><><>

"Do angels need to eat, even? Don't answer if I can't know or something."

"Well, of course we eat! Just not as frequently as you humans."

<><><>

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Fifteenth night.

Mammon didn't expect anything, really.

He brought a pack of cream puffs that he got himself for once, and didn't plainly steal from Beel. And he was going to give it to you. However, he found himself perplexed by a yellow pack by your nightstand.

He read the label.

"Butterkist."

It was...a pack of candies.

He blinked owlishly and read the note next to it.

<><><>

"Then, if angels don't really need to eat, I bought these candies for you. I was in the market to pick some stuff up and I saw it. It reminded me of you, weirdly enough. Maybe it's because it's yellow and gold. Anyway, candies serve for taste, right? So here you go. They're my favorites."

<><><>

...

Hm.

Mammon took the pack of candies and held it. Once again, the same warmth spread through his chest, crawling to his neck and reaching his cheeks. He gazed at it in pure wonder.

How...kind of you...!

Hearing the swishing of air behind him, Mammon twisted his neck to look, only to find his wings out and flapping happily. Startled, the angel hurriedly hid his wings in embarrassment.

He took a deep breath.