Chapter 14

Thomas

"Have you told her the prophecy?"

This was the first question from Tariq, the current head of the Supernatural Council, as I walked into his office.

"Yes."

"How did she take it?" Before Tariq could say a word, Brighid, a powerful fae who was a member of the Supernatural Council's inner council, was the first to ask.

"She was overwhelmed. She didn't believe it at first, and I had to convince her." I replied, staring at him unhappily.

I'd felt unhappy to see him since I discovered he was one of Imogen's compatible true mates. I'd just found out that Imogen was my true mate, and a rival had already appeared.

I could only thank the goddess that Imogen didn't seem to know when her true mates appeared.

Based on what I'd garnered about her relationship with Nate, he'd been the one to tell her she was his true mate.

And from my experience, other than feeling an innate connection or just comfort in her true mates' presence, Imogen had no other way to know who her potential true mates were. Only we, as true mates, understood as soon as we saw her or spent some time with her.

"She's going to be fine," Tariq said.

With the vagueness of his words, I could tell that Tariq, the most powerful fortune mage in the world, had looked into Imogen's future. And I was glad that he had at least seen good things.

Brighid sighed. "It's truly a pity that she isn't your mate, Tariq. You've been alone too long."

After hearing this, I glared at Brighid. I knew they'd been friends for a long time and sometimes shared women, but could he be a responsible mate for a second? Didn't he feel any jealousy?

"It doesn't matter. I knew she wasn't my mate when Tom told me about her."

"My mate...I can't trace her to where she is, just like I can't find any of the other fae omegas, but I can feel her life force. According to fate, it's not yet time for us to cross paths. I just...hope that she's not going through an experience as terrible as Imogen's right now."

I patted him on the shoulder. "She'll be fine, don't worry."

"Well, I do have to worry. Not just about her, but also about all of them. If any of them give up before we can find them, then that's the end. The prophecy states that the four of them have to work together."

"You need to stop worrying, Tariq. You and I both know there's nothing you can do. After all, things always play out the way fate wants, regardless of how hard we try to stop it." Brighid consoled Tariq from where he lay on the couch, looking up, lost in thought.

And we all fell into silence before I left to check on Imogen again.

***

In dark times, an evil sect will populate the earth with evil and despair in their search for power.

Our only hope is in the strength of four fae omegas.

But alas, trials await them and if they cannot overcome their trials, the world is doomed.

For only with strength of character and faith in themselves can the four defeat this great evil.

In 1800MD, a powerful and trusted fortune mage shared a prophecy. Many of the powerful supernaturals believed it, but there were, of course, many who refused to believe it. After all, there had only been one fae omega in the history of the world at that time. How could they believe that in some years in the future, they would have to rely on a group of mutated supernaturals?

However, in 2011MD, many powerful supernaturals felt the awakening of a powerful god.

And from the feeling of his deep hunger and hatred, they knew there was no good to come from the awakening of this god.

The prophecy had been right and dark times had come.

And the great evil was an old god. A very powerful and dark god.

Everyone knew what had happened, but different people made different decisions.

Some supernaturals reached out to the Supernatural Council to offer help. They were willing to provide as much help as needed to maintain the peace of the world and protect it from a hungry and powerful god that would most likely make the world a dark place for all beings, humans or supernaturals.

Some supernaturals were thrilled and tried to reach out to the secret organization that awakened the evil god. If the world had to depend on some unknown supernaturals called Fae Omegas, then the world was doomed. Rather than work with the losing side, they would rather work with the side that was most likely to win. This way, even if the world was to be ruled by an evil god, they could get a slice of the pie.

Some contacted the Supernatural Council to pretend to offer help, but also started their search for the organization that awakened the evil god.

Others refused to take any action. With a wait-and-see attitude, they sat back, neutral, because they had enough power to protect themselves and weren't interested in being involved in the war that was about to start.

***

Get Slice of Life Bonus Chapters of Imogen's life with her mates—Thomas and Brighid—for free here: euniceamnell.com/tps-bonus

Read the other books in The Fae Omega Standalone Series:

Book 1: The Pack Slut (this book)

Book 2: Who Wants a Blind Mate?

Book 3: The Pack Outcast

Book 4: Who Wants a Broken Mate?

They are all available at major book retailers like Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, etc.

You can also read them all with a monthly subscription to my reader community:  euniceamnell.com/ream-wink.

You can read the sample chapters here on Wattpad and buy them via the links on my profile.