I Never Meant

Percy-

A week later the four of them show up. And Adalade was pissed.

At me.

As soon as the five of us were in the cabin she started yelling the shit out of me.

"Fuck you and your life here." She told me. "You can't respect Emalie leaving? Or our education? Or our lives? Or anything?"

"I respect it just as much as you do." I told Adalade. "You think I had a choice? If I had the choice, I wouldn't walked and stayed gone from this place. But life isn't that easy, Adalade if you haven't noticed. You don't get everything you want in life."

She took it the wrong way.

"Well sorry if you're a little suicidal." Adalade tells me. Shocking me. "But I didnt kill anyone, I didn't create this. So why the fuck am I here?"

"You're here because were a family and families stick together." Zariach got the right idea. "No matter how messed up it is."

Of course she had to say this.

"He's not our family, are you guys blind?" Adalade told the boys. "He's not Dads kid anymore, Dad is dead and so is Sally. Hes. Not. Family. He's Sally freak kid. That's all he is. A freak. Not family."

With that, she left. Emalie went and tried to get her back, cheer her up about this but whatever.

I had one gods dammed fucking job. To take care of the kids.

Cant even fucking do that.

Perfect time for the depression to creep back, right?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Daniel-

Lyza and myself were in the dorm and turned on the news while making dinner.

Its New Years day by the way.

The news consisted of:

Soldiers Mother and Step-Father Christmas Death in Freak Accident Two Years after Brothers Death.

We decide why the hell not watch it and it was Percy's parents that they were talking about.

"The demigod." The reporter said. "And his step siblings got the news from a siblings girlfriend, who saw the accident happen and now the question remains is the family's reaction."

"Why not just ask?" Lyza comments.

"Of course that can't be answered as of now." The guy says. "The very same day Perseus was pulled into anothern war  this time a civil war. Its only expected to last 90 days but the last time we expected that it was 4 years so we will have to wait and see. But there are rumors that the 25 year old is fighting depression which who could blame him?"

We turned off the TV.

We tried calling Percy and there wasn't an answer, the IM didn't go through, he didn't answer any texts until just about six months later. The first of June. The war had been over for about a month.

It was a group text. Nico, Leo, Jason, Frank, Piper, Clarisse, Will, his three step siblings, Bianca, Nancy, RED, Jacob, Emalie Karyan, Lyza, and myself.