Would Turn Out Fine

Emalie-

We peeked into his room, Percy not noticing. He was staring intensely at nothing. Ghost, maybe?

Starred talking while looking in that direction so it must be.

I took a sip of my nectar and then I could see her. Clearly. Annabeth. From camp. And they were talking. What about I dont know.

It was really cute, though. Because they danced together.

Now usually you'd think the three would go to their mom. Or the twins at least and they don't.

They stayed with Percy.

And through the twins in school and that fall Adalade at NYU Monday through Friday I actually got to know Percy. I never stayed at camp. They never said I had to. So I didn't.

It wasn't a life I was interested in.

And the knife Percy gave Perseus last Christmas  Perseus told himself until he got his license he wouldn't touch it and he hasn't. He goes for it in May. He's a senior now. He's smart. Skipped a grade.

I was the same way. I was brought up a grade. I'm 20. Adalade had gotten held back a year. She's 19. Were a year apart.it was the next February, just about Valentines Day when I asked him what his plans were for Valentines. Taking somebody out or something.

"Not this year." Percy told me. "Not everyone is in a relationship, Emalie.'

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Percy-

I go to the store to get food and when I get back twenty minutes later Nico and Clarisse were there.

That can't be good.

" Please tell me were not..."I started.

"Then I guess were not telling you." Clarisse told me.

"Fuck." I said. Realizing on every legal document ever, I am the legal guardian of the twins and yes  I trust Emalie and Adalde to take care of them but Emalie is more than likely coming with and if one or both of us die in this war...

Yeah.

"Whos the enemy?" I asked.

"The... Romans." Nico told me. "Every Roman ever aside Jason and Frank. Reyna is remaining neutral to all sides. She's our supplier. We could use all the help we could get. The Roman army is fucking huge. They have a shit load of older adults there and kids. Were the oldest generation we got. The gods are staying out of it, their sides are clashing again."

I let out a breath.

"I'll be at camp in time for welcome." I tell the son of Hades and daughter of Ares. "I might know a few people that will help."

"Just get there as soon as you can." Clarisse told me.

"I will." I promise both of them and they shadow traveled back to Camp Half Blood and I walked back into the house. Everyone was gone now. I'd wait for them to get home. I called RED, I found Nancy's number. She had mentioned something in school about wanting to do something good for her country, be in the military. And I heard she wasn't accepted into boot camp or whatever it is.

Second best thing to it.

"Who is this?" She answered her phone.

"We went to Yancy together." I tell Nancy. "Bruners class."

She was thinking.

"Grover?" She asked me.

"No, its Percy." I tell her.

"Percy?" She asked. "Why are you calling?"

"Remember when you said your dream job is to be in the military?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

"Do you still want to be?" I asked her.

She fell silent.

"You're... You're serious?" Nancy asked me. "Me?"

"Yeah." I told her. "Now look, this isn't the US Army, this is an offbranch army. A bugger in a way army and were going straight into civil war and we need all the help we can get there tonight. I have hopefully four more, Grovers already there."

"Where do I have to go?" Nancy asked me.

"You know the strawberry fields?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She told me.

"Up that hill." I tell her. "And straight in. If you can't get in, told them I recruited you."

"Got it." She tells me, hanging up. Five minutes Emalie got back. She just went to help the neighbor with something.

She noticed I was packing a bag.

"Where are you going?" Emalie asks me.

"You're coming with, too." I tell Emalie. "The camp. Pack."

"W..." She started  "I left camp."

"So did I." I tell her. "When there is a war to be fought that doesn't matter. I quickly learned that."

"Are you making Adalade and the twins come, too?" She asked me.

"They're coming, but I don't want them on the field." I told her. "If anyone, Perseus will. He knows a little with a dagger. You have to, they will give you no choice you are the daughter of Ares."

Camp called and told me to have whoever I recruit for this to come in a week but I have to be there tomorrow by the latest. I called the school and told them the twins would be absent until further notice after this week. And I left for camp.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Emalie-

Percy left around 2:30. The twins got home about 3:30, Adalade got home at 4. Once it was 4:30 they realized Percy wasn't here and its been a while and there wasn't a note or anything.

"Where's Percy?" Zariach asked.

"He won't be here..." I told them.

"Why?" Adalade asked.

"Two of his friends stopped by today." I told them. "Civil War is raging and he didn't have a choice to go today."

"What?" Perseus asked. "War?"

"Yeah..." I told them. "I have to go in a week. Percy wants all of us there. He doesn't want you three fighting, but he wants you there doing something. He already called the university and the school."

"What about you?" Adalade asked me. "What will you do there?"

"I'll fight." I tell her. "I won't get the choice. I'm a demigod. Every demigod fights. Every single one. If you don't you're killed."

"Killed?" Zariach asked, just a little terrified.