✧𝐗𝐗𝐈 (Victoria & Manny) ✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

The following is one of the few parts of the book not told from Dani's point of view. This story is filled with many secrets, and many lies told by the people that Dani knows. And some that she unfortunately trusts, so you must trust that these third person point of views are things that happen when Dani isn't present to witness with her
innocent mind to tell the tale.

-

At the corner of the first floor bedroom sat Manolo Perez on his leather sofa chair. A cigar would have been on his hand, if not for Victorias negative opinion about it, for it is what helped Manolo think clearly during complicated situations such a these.

My daughter, he thought. My precious girl, marrying this crook! The thought churned inside his stomach and boiled his forehead that was surely steaming hot to the touch. 

The story between the Perez family and the Conti's was short, compared to the never ending feud between the Perez and Borecci gang that goes back way before little Dani was even born. Nevertheless, their short story still had been a tragic one, one filled with many lies and disappointments, mostly from the Italian family they so called Conti. One Manolo hadn't been able to forget, no matter how many years had past since he had last seen Niccolò.

Recalling the events that took place long before he had even remarried made his blood boil. Spiking his blood pressure over the healthy limit resulting in the machine beside him to beep at an alarming rate. He removed the plastic strings tying him to it at once. Getting up slowly but surely out of his seat. And so, with cane in hand and many hurtful and reproachful words in mind, the one a sweet lovely girl had once called Manny, stood up from his seat and made his way towards wherever Niccolò was.

He ignored the stares from the household maids that had believed their master would never get out of bed alone shot at him and made his stern and determined way to where he hoped Niccolò would be.

Sure enough, he was met with the little boy he had once loved but had been so greatly disappointed by sitting alone on one of the sitting room couches. Looking both bored yet bothered all at once. This punk hasn't changed a bit. Manolo thought as he stood right in front of the boy now.

Niccolò lifted his head meeting Manolo's stern gaze.

"I want to speak with you." Manolo ordered unfeelingly.

Niccolò had never been afraid to defy any adult. That was for sure. Even at age fourteen the only person who could tell him what to do or not do was his old man. Any other person would have gone crazy at Niccolò's persistence and stubborn way of going about his life. The only person who had come close to influencing Niccolò was Mr. Conti's good friend, Manolo Perez. The old man that now stood in front of him staring down on him like a teacher would a misbehaved student. For Niccolò the situation worsened now that this old man who he never dared to defy was now about to become his father-in-law.

So with an inaudible gulp, he stood from his seat and followed Manolo to wherever he decided.

The confession room beside the small chapel in the garden that would be.

They walked through the grass as preparations for a wedding none of both men wanted to happen were being made on the back lawn. Victoria shot them a look with worried eyes as they walked past her while she helped choose a setting on the grass for the voluptuous swan ice sculpture.