4. bloom later

4. bloom later

bloom later - jesse®

The sun wasn't the first thing to wake me up in the morning, it was the sound of a suitcase hitting the floor and yelling. Followed by a pounding headache as I peek open my eyelids to an empty bedroom. The smell of cologne hit my nose strongly as I force my feet to hit the floor.

Clothes were scattered everywhere, including mine, and the bed was an absolute crumpled mess. Exactly how I felt.

The yelling continued from outside the room as I shrugged on a random shirt from the floor, clearly not mine as it fell down to my knees. I buttoned it up to hide everything as I opened the door a crack. The first thing I saw was Jinx on the phone, cue the yelling, and Malik leaning against the wall watching as I stepped out.

He smirks and steps closer to where I stood, "Long night?"

"What's it to you, creep?" I shove his shoulder playfully as I stalk by, heading immediately to the kitchen. His laugh follows me as I step on the cold hardwood floor, rummaging through the fridge. He didn't have shit.

"You know," A warm voice hits my ear as I turn to face Malik in the doorway, "If you looked to the right of you, there's a plate of pancakes."

And of course, he was right. Giving him a tight-lipped smile I grab one of them and begin to chew on the fluffy food.

"So, what's he yelling for?" I manage to speak out in between bites.

"It's rude to talk with your mouth full." He frowns and throws a paper towel towards me that just ends up floating onto the ground. "His manager."

I would know. The exact reason I haven't checked my phone since I got up, so I wouldn't have to deal with Penny.

"I thought you had a shoot?" He grabs a paper plate and holds it under my chin, in which I throw the rest of the pancake.

"I did, I canceled. Figured I would go to Emrys birthday." Throwing him a wink I jump onto the counter so I could sit on it. "Which brings me to the next question, what's the plan for today?"

"Besides the long car ride? Celebrate your brother who you clearly forgot about." He sets the plate down next to the island sink and leans against the counter across from me with his arms crossed.

"Oh come on, Malik. You can't hold that against me, I've had a lot of shit going on." I pout and my only response from him is a roll of eyes.

"I know, but it's no excuse for forgetting your brother's birthday." Jinx walks in shirtless with only a pair of sweatpants barely hanging from his legs. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Jinx." He winks toward me, taking an apple from a bowl and biting into it.

His hair falls into his face slightly covering his eyes, "Morning, Malik. Alora." God, the way he says my name makes me melt.

"How about this? Your parents won't be there today, so you'll only have to deal with them tomorrow." Malik types away on his phone and I bite my bottom lip with a smile.

"As long as I'm able to steal a couple of clothes." I smirk already knowing what Malik's response was going to be.

Malik was married, to this absolutely beautiful woman who did not love him. She only loved his money and his dick. So she was almost never in town, very rarely, only when she had to take care of business or she had nowhere else to vacation to. I've met her twice and she was the nicest person ever.

She told me, if you ever need to borrow clothes or anything just go to my closet. And as Malik as a witness, I not once stood her up on her offer.