Chapter 7

“follow me,” Daisy smiled. She stood up and grabbed my hand. She ran into the kitchen with me. There was a cake on the table with all of our names on it. My name, daisy, and Danny. My gift for Danny and my gift for Daisy are on the counter. The big gift for Daisy from the whole family is in front of the counter. The big gift for Danny is also next to the counter. A few other presents are also there. My whole family and the rest of the misfits are in the kitchen.

“Okay, first we’re going to do presents, youngest to oldest, dais your up first,” mom announced. She sat on a wooden chair in front of everyone. Dad grabbed a bag from the counter and walked up to dais. He gave the medium sized bag to my sister.

“This one is from me,”  Papa grinned. “Thank you,”  Daisy thanked. She pulled out a big sketchbook, the good kind. “This has such good paper, thank you, thank you,” Daisy beamed. “No problem kiddo,” dad chuckled. He messed up daisy’s hair and walked away. Mom walked over to Daisy with a small box.

“I believe my gift to you is better than your father’s,” mama joked. She gave the box to dais. Daisy ripped off the wrapping and opened the box. She pulled out a weird looking cup. “I can easily wash my brushes now,” Daisy yelled. I may not know what that thing is but at least she’s happy about it. Mom gave her a smile and walked over to me. “It’s your turn,” mom whispered. I went up to the counter and grabbed a tiny bag. I walked up to daisy.

“This is your gift from me,” I smiled. I handed her the bag. She opened up the bag and pulled out what I got her. I got her an art palette necklace. It’s a necklace in the shape of an art palette. “It’s beautiful, can you put it on me,” daisy asked. I nodded my head, agreeing.  She handed me her necklace and stood up. She put her back to me and i put the necklace on her. I walked away from my little sister. Danny went up to the counter and grabbed a box. He went up to daisy.

“I think you’re going to like this gift,” Danny informed daisy. She opened the box and pulled out a folded apron. “I can wear this when I'm painting,” Daisy shouted. Danny did a little chuckle before walking away. Micheal went up to the counter and grabbed a box. He walked over to Daisy and handed her the box.

“Hope you like it,” Mikey chuckled nervously. Daisy opened the box and pulled out a box. She opened the second box and inside were all these art supplies. He got her an art set. “Thank you Terry,” Daisy thanked.  He walked away from my sister. Maggie went over to the counter and grabbed a bag. She walked up to her future girlfriend and handed her the bag.

“Here you go dais,” Maggie smiled. Dais opened the bag and pulled out a color wheel. She could hang that on her wall. “Thanks Mags, I love it,” Daisy grinned. Maggie walked away and Mary tapped mom on her leg. Mom picked Mary up a bit and she grabbed a bag. Mom set my youngest sibling down. Mary ran up to Daisy and gave her the bag.

“Because it’s your birthday I got you this,” Mary announced. Daisy pulled out a sketchbook out of the bag. One of those cheap but surprisingly good ones. I don’t use sketchbooks but daisy talks about the different types so i’m pretty much an expert. Mary walks away from Daisy and stands near the entrance to the living room. Mama and papa push daisy’s big present over to daisy.

“This one is from the whole family,” mom informs daisy. Daisy gets off the chair and rips off the wrapping. “No way, no way, thank you, oh my,” Daisy almost starts crying. We got her a French Easel. The thing you put a canvas on while outside so you can paint. After Daisy calmed down we pushed all her gifts to the side.

“Okay, Danny, you're next up, get on the chair,” mama smiled. Danny listened to mom by sitting on the chair Daisy was sitting on. Dad grabbed a small box from the counter. He walked over to my brother and gave it to him. Danny gave papa a kind smile.