Chapter 1

Everyone knows of the misfits but they used to just be the outcasts. The kids in the back of the class that know the answer but keep their hand down. That’s what we were, it’s what we still are. It’s crazy to think we wouldn’t have known each other if my family didn’t move to this city in North carolina. Let’s start way back to before I was even in the state, to when I still lived in that small town in arizona.

“Everyone get down here,” my mom, Clara Angelica yelled. She is a kind and beautiful woman. She has short straight blonde hair that falls just below her shoulders. Green emerald eyes that are still seen by everyone even with her brown framed glasses on. She has light freckles dotted all around her face, you can only see them if you’re close. 

“Coming mama,”  I shouted. Apparently I'm the only one of her four kids who yelled. We have thin walls so if someone did yell everyone would hear. I hated when my little sister Mary was a baby. She’s six now, an angel to our parents but a devil to the rest of us. Well most of the time, sometimes she’s cool.

I ran down the stairs to my living room. My dad, David  Angelica, was sitting in his chair in the corner of the room. He has red curly hair and blue eyes. He was reading Harry Potter by J.K Rowling for the fifth time this month. One of the best decisions of my life was introducing him to Harry Potter.

Mama was standing in the center of the room, she always does that when she has something important to tell us. I sat down on the couch and waited for my younger siblings. Next down the stairs was Danny and Daisy. Me, Danny, and Daisy are triplets, I'm the oldest. We’re not identical, we look and act similar but different, more different than similar.. I look  more like Daisy but I act more like Danny, I'm closer in age to him. I'm about five minutes older than Dan, while I'm about eleven minutes older than Dais.

Danny sat next to me and Daisy went next to him. We always sit from oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest. Next to come down was Mary, she’s a lot younger than us. She’s six while I'm fourteen, yet she acts like she's three. Unless mama and papa are around, then she acts her age.

She sat next to Dais, even if she doesn't want to, she makes this family perfect. We may have a few rough edges but that’s what makes us family. No matter what we’ll stick together, even if that means surviving the apocalypse. We’re not in the apocalypse, that was me exsacrating.

“Great, now that everyone’s here, I got news,” my mom smiled. “We’re moving to North Carolina,” she announced. “What do you mean? Dad, did you know of this? did you papa,” I asked. I’ve lived here in Tombstone, Arizona my entire life, we can’t just move and why North Carolina.

“I did sweetheart, you need to know this is what’s best, after uncle Simon died we decided that we needed a new start, besides this place doesn't even have good schools for you guys,” dad imfored me. “We can’t just move,” I cried. “Honey we leave in two weeks, we’re moving, you can’t change that but I want you guys to be happy about it, I bet your siblings agree that this is a good idea, don't you guys,” my mother explained.

“I’m with Delilah on this one, we shouldn’t move, so what if uncle died, yeah it’s sad but our life is here,” Danny yelled. “Danny, please don’t yell, we’re going there because I got a job offer there and it has good schools,” mom smiled. “The job pays more and it’s a better area so you will get to go to a public school,” my dad grinned. 

“Maybe a new start will be good, we don’t have any friends so what will be the difference,” Daisy suggested. I mean she’s not wrong, well a little wrong. Me and her have no friends but Danny has a ton of fake friends. Yes, fake friends, he’s one of the popular kids but actually nice.

“I guess you’re right Dais, what do you say Dan,”  I asked. “I say we follow your lead, I trust you sis but if this goes wrong, i’m blaming you,” Danny smirked. “Alrighty then, I guess we’re moving,” I chuckled. “Now that’s the spirit.” Mama laughed. “Well time to pack, we have two weeks,” papa smiled. Packing, my least favorite thing to do, besides doing anything in a crowd. Amusement and water parks are the only exceptions.