Chapter 4

A month goes by and it's the same thing. We hang out outside school, Mags or Mikey and I have a night time call but we have never been inside each other's houses. Well it's how it was until mom invited them for dinner. I'm not upset, I'm just nervous. What if Maggie falls for Danny, or Mikey could fall for him too. Even worse, they both could fall for my brother.

"Hey, calm down, don't worry everything will be okay," Daisy smiled. "What if they see this house and start hating me, us, I mean us," I whispered. "What if they never want to see me again, us?" I cried. "They might hate my room or your room," I sighed. "It's going to be fine," Daisy reassured.

Me and Daisy were in the living room while everyone else was in the kitchen. We're waiting on Michael and Maggie. Maybe they will want to stay over, they might not be able to. I'm a little nervous about this, my family is great but I'm still nervous. They're a little overprotective and a little dramatic but they're great.

Three knocks, I hear three knocks. I jump up, a little too fast which makes my head Dizzy. I run over to the door and open it. I look out the door and I'm shocked. I wasn't expecting them to actually dress up. They look amazing without trying. Here we are anyway with a handsome micheal and a stunning maggie.

Micheal is wearing what he usually wears, a white tee-shirt and blue jeans. He also has his favorite maroon jacket on and his special sneakers are on. Maggie on the other hand looks more beautiful than normal. She usually wears a regular shirt and some shorts. Sandals or flip flops are her shoes of choice. Today was different, she had a light grey shirt and a darker grey skirt on. Together they looked like she had a dress on. She had knee high socks on and cowgirl boots on. She had a camellia bouquet in her hands.

"I thought you might like these, you said they are your favorite flower," Maggie smiled. I quickly grabbed the flowers and gave her a smile. "Thank you, I love them," I grinned. "Can you two stop being lovebirds for a second so we can meet their family," Michael asked. I was about to say something in response but Maggie hushed me.

I brought them to the kitchen and grabbed a vase. A quickly ran up the stairs and put the flowers in the vase. I went back down the stairs to join my family and friends. I regret that decision now but I can't turn back now. I look at the mess in front of me and start walking towards it.

Maggie is red while talking to Danny, Michael looks like he wants to kill my dad, Daisy and Mary are throwing food everywhere, and Mom's missing. I wonder what Danny is saying to Maggie, is he flirting with her. That wouldn't make sense, she's not his type. Maybe he's just embarrassing her.

"Where's mom at," I ask. "She's in the Bathroom, did you know your friend here has a crush on a girl at our school," Danny chuckles. "Oh, I didn't know, who is it," I questioned. "I think I'll just tell you another time," Maggie grinned. "Alright, another time," I laughed.

"Hey, Day-Day and Mae, let's not throw food at each other," I smiled. Daisy stopped while Mary continued to throw food. "Mae, please," I begged. "Fine," Mary agreed. "How are you guys getting along," I asked. "Terribly, your friend prefers cats over dogs," my father sighs. "How about you pay attention to what you have in common instead of what you don't," I suggested. "We will try," papa smiled.

"Hello everyone," mama greeted. Everyone else gave some sort of greeting as mom sat down. "So tell me about yourselves," mama grinned. "Um, I'm Michael Linwood, I'm fourteen and have two siblings, I'm raised by my mom, my dad died in a fire saving my life," Michael smiled awkwardly. He is terrible at talking about himself, I didn't think it was possible to be this bad at human interaction. "Oh, I'm sorry about that," mama frowned. "It's fine, I was nine then," Mikey grinned.

"Well I'm Margaret Arctic but you can call me Maggie, me and my sister are being raised by our dad, I have a cat named Luna, and I want to become a writer when I'm older," Maggie listed. "Delilah also wants to be a writer, are you in the writing program," papa asked. "Yes I am, we're actually editing and writing partners," Maggie answered.