Hearing this, almost everyone present seem to simultaneously think: Something fishy's going on.

Taehyung: "......"

Ha, haha, there's no way he could prove his 'innocence' now......

As for Taehyung's earlier attempt at explaining himself, Jimin assumed it was because he didn't want people thinking he made a move on someone else's girlfriend.

But now, that just got thrown out the window. Because of Yoona's attitude, Taehyung could no longer wash himself clean of the suspicion that he was the 3rd party intruding on another's relationship.

However, what was quite strange was that, despite everyone witnessing such a spectacle, rumors of this never made its way to the forum.

Afterwards, when everyone discussed this during an editing department meeting, A Yeon reminded them: "Are you all dumb or what. Yoona is the head of the internet department, the main admin for the entire school forum. You think she'd allow this kind of gossip to rear its head?"

That new member who came up with article titles that night suddenly understood: "No wonder the thread I made disappeared!"

A Yeon: "You actually made one?"

That new member rubbed his chin with a wily smile: "It's an interesting topic, you know?"

Everyone else: "......"

He then sighed, "Ahh, if only I had such amazing power and control over the media!"

Everyone else only had one thought: This guy's got guts.

A few days later, Sung Hoon and Taehyung met in a restroom. With a mysterious smile, Sung Hoon grabbed Taehyung's elbow: "Yo, young boy, you sure got the skills."

Taehyung: "???"

Sung Hoon winked at him: "I saw that the gossip threads about you on the forum had all been deleted. Cough it up, who's your backer?"

Taehyung's eyes slightly widened. Sure enough, Sung Hoon was a pro, and even something this low-key couldn't escape his notice!

"Not really a backer, just someone I met. Invited them out to dinner, then asked for a small favor......"

Yet these results weren't without their price. Just thinking about how he could barely catch a glimpse of Jimin these days, Taehyung even suspected that the other was avoiding him on purpose.

Furthermore, what was scary about Jimin was this: You basically had no idea whether he's mad or not, or what you did to offend him. He had a way of drifting away calmly and almost imperceptibly, leaving you in the dark with a vague sense of abandonment, unable to find a single hint of why.

"I knew you did something! With your current fame at F University, there's no way the gossip about you would disappear willy nilly......" Sung Hoon rubbed his chin pensively, then gave Taehyung an "I'm catching onto you" look, now even more certain that this Campus Idol and Jimin had something going on between them.

All the rumors concerning him and the female population had disappeared, but that post of him and Jimin at Lovebirds Lake remained— This guy, could he possibly be more transparent?

Taehyung didn't have to suffer long because soon, Lady Luck blessed him with a chance to closely interact with Jimin.

This day, the Student Council's literature/art department's department head came to find them, hoping that they could perform for the Freshman Welcoming Ceremony at the end of October.

Jimin blankly stared back: "Why do you want us to perform together?"

"Don't both of you know how to play piano? I heard from your professor, and it's also written in your file that you're both level-10 pianists," the department smiled. "Originally, I couldn't think of what to have you do, but what a happy coincidence. Since you both know piano, playing a song together shouldn't be a problem, right?"

Jimin: "......"

From that 2nd half, he could infer that the Student Council wasn't really after them for a piano duet. Anything would have done as long as they both got on stage at the same time...but why?

Opposite him, Taehyung seemed incredibly happy and immediately agreed, "Sure, I'm in." Then, he turned to look at Jimin, staring with eyes so intense one could get lost in them forever, and added, "It's perfect. We can do that four-hand duet we planned."

Jimin: "???" What planned? He only agreed to play one for fun, not go on stage and perform!

The literature/art department head couldn't hear Jimin's inner retorts, but they did hear Taehyung's agreement, thus eagerly exclaimed, "That's great! Then it's happily decided! There's still half a month of prep time, and I'll contact the school to reserve a piano room for you guys so you can practice together any time you want."

[A small interlude]

Taehyung: "Minnie, there's really nothing going on between Yoona and I!"

Jimin: "Move, you damn straight guy. There's nothing more to say. I need to go calm down, take some time to cool off my feelings towards you."

Taehyung: "Ah! Minnie, don't!"

[[Anyways, Sure ML confessed his gay love for MC to get his gossip taken down. Sneaky sneaky~]]