Things finally clicked for Jimin, and he knew that being 'just friends' with Taehyung could never satisfy him.

Liking someone was a slippery slope. Give him an inch, and he'll want a mile.

But on the bright side, even if he was miserable, it's not like Taehyung could tell.

The other had no reason to take responsibility for this unrequited love of his, to indulge his selfishness.

Thus, Jimin calmly greeted, "Hey, you're here too?"

"Yeah, what a coincidence. Club dinner?" Taehyung asked back.

"Yes, it just ended." Jimin wore his glasses today and looked quite austere. After taking a beat to mollify his emotions, he declared, "I'll be heading back first."

Taehyung blinked, then shot out a hand to grab the other's elbow, "Why?"

Jimin turned around, his body rigid from the moment Taehyung touched him. Not daring to move more than necessary, he squeezed out in an emotionless tone, "What do you mean 'why'?"

"......Let's go together." Taehyung was a bit lost. They've already met up, and live in the same dorm, so why should they go back separately? Jimin's attitude once again reminded him of the day they met, of that coldness when the other planned to ditch him to go eat alone.

Jimin stared at him for two whole seconds with a penetrating gaze, as if searching for something, and Taehyung grew extremely nervous.

"Don't you need to send that girl home?" Jimin finally sighed.

Taehyung froze, then let go. That's right, it's so late already, and since he and Yoona came out alone, he naturally needed to send her back to her dorm.

But even so, the male and female dorms were in the same direction, so why couldn't they walk together for most of the way?

Unless...... Jimin misunderstood and thought he was out on a date? And didn't want to intrude?

Taehyung hurried to explain: "She's Yoona, the head of the internet department."

Jimin quietly started at him: "I know."

Taehyung then added: "She has a boyfriend."

After he said that, even Taehyung wanted to slap himself. Was he an idiot, why was he explaining himself like this to a straight guy?

As expected, Jimin's expression subtly changed, and after a slight pause, asked, "Then, are you sending her back, or are you planning to call her boyfriend to ask him to come here and send her back?"

Perhaps Taehyung's reactions had charmed Jimin, and the air around them no longer held that edge of hostility from earlier. Despite Taehyung not knowing what caused that strained atmosphere, he could feel that Jimin's attitude had somewhat softened.

Moreover, when asking that last question, Jimin had a flickering smile on his face, as if teasing him for secretly meeting a "married woman" late at night.

For some reason, even though he didn't do anything wrong, Taehyung started to feel a bit guilty.

Right at this moment, Yoona, who had finished greeting A Yeon, waved to Taehyung and said, "Taehyung, I'm going to go back with A Yeon!"

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief, looking like someone who had finally been given a great pardon.

But Taehyung rejoiced too soon, because immediately after that, Yoona saw the person beside him and cried out in surprise, "Is that Jimin?"

Taehyung: "Yes......"

Jimin nodded towards her as a greeting.

Yoona didn't say anything to Jimin, but instead, threw a flirtatious wink towards Taehyung, then purred in an intimate tone, "Gotcha. Let's continue our convo on Whatsapp later, Taehyung~"