CHAPTER XLI: Moment of Talk, Hope and Miracle

"I don't get it! Why are you being so sensitive?!"

"BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO LIVE!",

"I... I'm just scared that you'll... never see the light of day again."

"...Our lives weren't a choice, Rudy. We were born to die anyway, so I don't get what you find valuable in me."

Constant arguments and bickering between these two in the past, only to end up having the other half deceased and the other being left to rot alone. It wasn't a pleasant memory to remember at all, because that was the one argument that had changed their viewpoints in life, delving deeper through their characters and such – and in the end, they ended up being together again. Together was far off from the present now that Rudy isn't coming back anymore. And Alejandro was the one that promised to protect the man, failing and having to live off that guilt for the rest of his life.

How ironic. Alejandro's proposal was a way to indirectly consider himself a pawn in the military, practically devoting his entire life to serving Mexico, while Rodolfo was the one who didn't want him to die in the process.

Life changes orbit sometimes, the chemistry altering like how Yin & Yang would swirl as it comes back full circle – this time, it altered the words they once said, having the other make way to propose it instead of the original mouth.

Alejandro devoted his life to protect and serve Mexico – Rodolfo didn't want him to die.

Now,

Rodolfo was the one who died, and Alejandro wished that he could've done more to save him.

—-

After sharing the truth with Ghost, the two eventually try their best to just ignore it for now since they have more important matters than to grieve somebody who had died a long time ago. They wouldn't dare a waste a chance due to Rodolfo's effect to the whole team, yet it's almost as if they needed to mourn. His death wasn't treated golden, and that's what made them feel guilty. During the time of taking back his husk to base, he had already been buried in a spot where it's not that far off from the base, but could definitely share a nostalgic view since it was near a cliff. Exactly where Rodolfo would've loved to have a fair share of bonding with Alejandro, and the taller Mexican knew about it as well.

But he chose to hide it, not wanting anybody to know their last moments of secret affairs together. The moment they both revealed that they loved each other – Rodolfo just had to die that day, absolutely leaving the man with even more trauma as if it wasn't enough.

Not wanting to think about Rodolfo for a while, they just chose to keep on going. It was only a matter of time before they get found out because Gryffin survived with the help of the flashbang. Alejandro tried his best to walk as he pulled away from Ghost's assistance, limping but was also very stable since he could control his body movements just fine. It was just the headache that tormented him – no other injuries detected.

Eventually, both of them reach the middle, the emptiness of the circular room with the corpses of rotting Russians just laying on the ground and the bloodstains were dried eventually after completing both phases for the plan. Now, they knew that they needed to rescue Price. He was the only one left on the list since Alejandro's now rescued, having his valiance and independence being regained once again – which everything will be traced to Price, and unfortunately, Ghost didn't find anybody but Alejandro inside the cells, which only left one more area they so-needed to explore.