CHAPTER XII: Talk To Atonement

Soap had just recently led Graves into his new room as a substitute since they're still not done with questioning him. It was practically almost evening at that point, and they could see the dark blue sky from within the base through some of the glass extensions.

After leading Graves, he caught up with the rest of the team to their table and tried developing a plan to catch Shepherd for themselves and for the rest of Las Almas. Corrupt leaders do not deserve a successful end to their career and reign.

He reaches the table and was greeted by Price as they will start executing the plan very soon. The whole 1-4-1 team was there with both Alejandro and Rodolfo – just like time where they planned to kill Graves. It was a nice memory yet broken due to the fact that he was still alive. That thought will eventually dry down because you cannot always overthink about something and see all the possibilities. It ruptures your mind, sending you to unbelieving heights of accursed thoughts.

"Captain... What is your plan this time?" Gaz asked Price to even his curiosity. Both Gaz and Price were inseparable, and was always really close because of the incident that happened way before. They definitely have the dad and son vibe, and everybody knew.

"We're not attempting the Ghost Team. We're being ourselves for this one."

Everybody looked at each other with suspense, wondering on how this would work.

"...What do you mean?"

"We're still a team. But through Shepherd, we are ourselves. We aren't hiding our identities this time, and let's take this opportunity to show him that two forces can work well together despite differences."

"Los Vaqueros has received your regards, captain." Alejandro had commented on the fine approach of Price, and was willing to agree.

"Wouldn't that put us on risk if we ever let Shepherd escape again?" Gaz seemed worried, but he had never neglected his captain's words. He was always a hybrid of both wise and strong.

"One who defies themselves will be put in further denial on what they could do with their inner independence."

Gaz nods his head in silence, finally letting go of his personal worries.

"What about Graves?" Soap curiously asked, since he knew they weren't done with him yet.

"He's no threat for now. We have him detained, and there's nothing he can do other than bicker and contemplate in his room."

That was what Price thought. What about Soap? Judging from the interrogation earlier, he thought that Graves actually changed because he wasn't that hostile towards them. He didn't really give them a hard time with the questions unlike Valeria with her choice of words. Did Graves actually change... for real?

Soap hummed in response, and proceeded to let Price talk about the plan to stop Shepherd. They knew they needed Laswell for vision, so they already got that in the bag because Price knows the woman very well, and she stands for the same justice that they were also standing for. It was easy.