Chapter 20

Tzuyu's POV

"I don't like the new student teacher," I trailed off, twirling my pen around my index and middle finger.

"Woah, what did she do to piss you off," Chaeyoung said, glancing at me before continuing to write down notes in her notebook.

"She didn't do anything, it's just a gut feeling," I shrugged, putting down the pen I was twirling and crossing my arms as I extended my legs, sitting in a rather laid-back position.

Chaeyoung just raised an eyebrow in amusement as she continued scribbling down notes.

It had been close to 2 weeks since Ms Kim had been assigned to our school to be a student teacher. During those 2 weeks, there was not a single time that Ms Kim was not with Ms Minatozaki. Anywhere Ms Minatozaki went, you could bet that Ms Kim would be there too.

During classes? Ms Kim was there.

During lunch break? She was there.

During toilet breaks? She was probably there.

They were glued to the hip. Ms Kim was like a bloodsucking leech, clinging onto Ms Minatozaki persistently, unwilling to let go even if you try to pull her away from her.

Today was the only instance that they were not together, Ms Minatozaki was not present in school today, therefore Ms Kim was teaching us despite her being a student teacher.

It was uncommon for Ms Minatozaki to not show up at school, she was the type that even if she had a bad flu or cough, she would still be standing in front of us, decked out in a hazmat suit to ensure that she didn't spread the germs to us, but still teaching us about Chemistry nonetheless.

That was how passionate of a teacher she was and was one of the many traits that I admired about her.

For her to not be present in class was worrying.

"Tzuyu? Could you state all the elements that are categorised as noble gases in the periodic table?" Ms Kim asked.

"Uhm-," I trailed off. The whole time I was too busy worrying over Ms Minatozaki that I did not pay attention to what Ms Kim was teaching.

Chaeyoung slightly elbowed my arm, shifting her notebook towards me as she pointed at the answer with her left hand while she continued pretending to scribble down words in her notebook.

"Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon," I answered, internally heaving a sigh of relief.

"Good, please do take down notes for you to revise in your free time," Ms Kim responded as she turned to face the board, writing something about noble gases.

"Thanks, Chae. I owe you one," I whispered while facing my notebook, pretending to scribble whatever Ms Kim was writing on the whiteboard.

"All in a day's work, you can pay for my lunch later," she cheekily grinned.

I chuckled as I tilted my head to face her, catching a glimpse of a seemingly familiar guy walking past the classroom, through the window leading to the hallway.

He had silver hair that was styled in place with lots of hairspray and was in a rather flashy outfit that was not exactly suitable for school, it was more of an outfit that idols wore when they performed on stage.

I was sure I had seen this guy before, but where had I seen him and why did he look so familiar?

I brushed the feeling off as I raised my hand and signalled that I wanted to use the restroom, to which Ms Kim gave a nod of approval.

Upon exiting the classroom, I noticed the familiar guy knocking on the door of a classroom a few rooms away from ours, the class that Ms Myoui was currently teaching. He had a bouquet of flowers in hand, before pushing open the door and stepping in, closing the door behind him.