Chapter 13: Harper

I'm sick and tired of this Edward guy. Juniper hasn't shut up about him since he brought her her wallet a few days ago.     "And do you know, his dad owns that big car mechanic-" Juniper said.   

"Really I didn't know" I would say sarcastically rolling my eyes.

And now Edward is with Juniper again in the backyard. I keep watching them from the window. Juniper is turning red. She took Edward's shoulder. Wait... she's crying. She clung to Edward's body as she cried into his shoulder. Then I heard the screams.

"Please! Please I beg you!" Juniper said. Edward finally took a deep breath and said something I couldn't hear. Then he left.

I ran out.

"What the heck happened" I said storming to Juniper.

"Shh" she said in between tears."Be quiet Harper".

"What was he doing here" I said.

"We can't talk about this he-"

"Tell me now Juniper or-" I said grabbing her shoulder.

"He said he's giving us three weeks" she said looking at her feet.

"Until-"

"He turns us in". She kept her voice quiet. "He knows. His uncle is in the detective agency and they've been trying to figure out this case for months. He told me he was suspicious before and now he has proof-"

I slammed my hand against Junipers face. She fell to the ground. "Why would you let him keep coming over if he was suspicious". Juniper was whimpering on the ground.  My head felt dizzy. I had a flashback.

It was the day. The day I had been planning for years. It was today. The final phone-call. Juniper picked up the phone. "You have to do it today". I said. Trying not to hide how nervous I was."Stop it Harper!" Juniper squealed."You know you have too". I said. "You know she doesn't really care about you, or Derek, or your grades. She hates Derek, she would never let you run away with him to fulfill your dreams, she has always crushed yours". I said. My palms sweated. Juniper hang up. Later she called me back in tears."You monster! You complete utter monster! What have you done. To me. To you. You've destroyed everything Harper! Everything!" Juniper sobbed into the phone. She was barely breathing, Sobs cried out, tearing me apart each one. Little did she know, I was crying too.

I bent down next to Juniper on the grass.

"I'm sorry, I'm really really-" I said. Tears slowly ran down my face. Juniper got up and hugged me. She would always help someone. Even if they were a monster.