Impossible Temptation (A Naruto Love Story)

~

Every morning is the same routine.

I'm not complaining; I'd rather have a routine than to live in the constant misery that I used to. Plus, I've always known how to make every day some how different.

I opened my eyes just a slit to see my blinking alarm clock sitting on my bedside table, green digital numbers shining brightly. It took a moment of staring to actually notice that I was late.

Wait...late for what? Realization kicked me awake, my eyes snapping wide open.

So much for same routine.

"Oh shit! Of all the days to wake up late?!" I hollered, my voice echoing through out my empty apartment.

I jumped up out of my warm comforters and ran into the bathroom, almost falling and bashing my face into the hard tile floor. After regaining my balance, I quickly rubbed the sleepies from my violet eyes and splashing water on my face.

Today is finally the day.

All these years, working my absolute ass off. Today I officially become a genin.

I jogged out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom to get dressed. I scanned through my dresser drawers and put on the first outfit that seemed to click in my head.

A plain black tank top, checkered flannel tied around my waist with standard black spandex shorts so I could move easier. Quickly, I ran a brush rather violently through my long dark pink locks, ignoring the stabbing pain as I managed to yank a good amount of hair out of my head.

I grinned at my reflection before grabbing my standard blue ninja head band and tying it around my pale neck loosely.

"Now its picture perfect!"I smiled.

Then out of sheer excitement (and slight anxiety), I ran out of my apartment and jumped to the ground skillfully from two stories up, landing on my leg and knee.

Jesus, I better hoof ass or I'll never hear the end of it from Iruka.

I noticed people giving me weird stares as I sped by, but I just rolled my eyes; even their annoying glances couldn't put my mood down.

I burst through the academy doors and towards my classroom, only to be stopped by 'Dumb' and 'Dumbest' arguing and of course; blocking the door.

Aren't they a little old for this shit?

"Can I get through?"

My hand on my hip, I raised an eyebrow at just how childish they were acting; if they wanted to impress Sasuke so much, they could start with acting like adults.

It was taking all of my will power not to grab them by the back of their stupid heads and throw them in myself. When they turned back and saw me, they both stuck their tongues out then went right back to their useless arguing.

Really? Sticking your tongue out?

"Did you two regress into five year old's since the last time I saw you?" I quipped, finally losing all patience.

This time they ignored me, until eventually they both ended up face first on the dirty ground.

Idiots...

Shrugging, I walked right over them, ignoring their irritated howls of pain.

It's not like if the roles were reversed they would have done anything else, who am I to be the bigger person?

"Lucy!"

Looking around, a sense of joy erupted in me when I spotted the last person I expected to see today.