Chapter 14 - Legendary

Start from the beginning

So, with a wide grin on his face....

Puck headed towards the place where he knew he could sell the staff and make a quick buck!

The Awakener's Market!

A place where all sorts of things can be inspected and sold at unbelievably high prices!

It was also managed and protected by the Awakener's Bureau!

_______________________
A Few Minutes Later~

Puck grinned widely as he walked past a huge crowd of awakeners.

They didn't seem to give him any mind, despite the few that saw him at the Awakener Bureau with Rebecca.

Though the most they did was whisper about him as he passed.

Puck wanted to find a merchant, blacksmith, or appraiser that didn't have over a hundred awakeners surrounding them.

All he needed was even more attention....

"Fuck.... Maybe I should've came on the weekend?.... I hear this place is pretty dead since most guilds offer more for items and equipment.... What's got everyone so excited?" He thought as he pushed through a tightly packed crowd of people that was surrounding something.

As soon as he popped through the front, he wished he hadn't, trying to blend in with the crowd as he watched none other than Rebecca argue with what looked like an old dwarf.

"Speak of the devil...." Puck couldn't help but curse his luck....

"As I've told you time and time again, I'm not for sale! I'm retired! Now keep it moving, girly. I'm sure there are plenty of other blacksmiths who can waste their time talking to you." The old dwarf says sternly, his look hardening as he crosses his arms.

Now that Puck got a better look at him, he recognized who it was!

His name was Victor Willhammer and he was one of the first dwarf blacksmiths to ever appear!

Unlike Gacha users, blacksmiths primarily are dwarves and their skills are centered around appraising, upgrading, and repairing equipment.

So having a skilled blacksmith is crucial to any guild growing in power!

Especially with the random stat boosts that are received when upgrading equipment!

A skilled and experience blacksmith can help boost the chances of getting more onto a specific stat or even unlock a hidden skill!

But why would Rebecca want someone like Victor who's been retired for years?

Sure he was a legendary blacksmith responsible for creating some of the most powerful weapons in the world currently....

But Rebecca's guild is known for their extensive force of skilled blacksmiths!

They shouldn't need someone like Victor in their-

"And like I keep telling you, old man! I'm not leaving until you upgrade my equipment! You're the only one capable of doing it!" Rebecca growled back.