CH 14.2: Who Is This Minstrel To You, Quinn?

I pinched my nose as I replied, "I need you and your breath six feet away from me, Bullock."

The big gorilla slammed a fist on the table and screeched, "I ain't playing around with you, Quinn!"

I showed him a particular one of my fingers while I pulled down the bottom of my right eyelid.

In the far corner, the Comish started massaging his temples.

"I don't get it, Harley," ol' Gordo began. "I thought you and the Joker were enemies now. Or did you get back together?"

I shook my head vigorously, "Fuck no, Gordo! I'm a liberated woman, now! The next time I even see that no-good, rotten-faced, soft-dicked, Mistah J, I'm giving him a taste of what-for, and you can quote me on that!"

At that moment, I remembered there was a tape recorder on the table in front of me. I felt blood rush to my face as I leaned forward and screamed, "Allegedly!"

"So you and Joker are still broken up? Then why are you helping out Minstrel?" Gordon asked.

"I ain't saying a damn thing! I plead the fifth! I want a lawyer! Objection! You're out of order! You can't handle the truth!"

One thing I have to say about Gordon, he was a good actor. The way he kept a perfectly still face even after I'd made what was likely the greatest series of court-room jokes he'd ever heard was inspiring. I decided then and there that I wouldn't bash his face in—not until I got a chance to run lines with him for the next Suicide Squad movie.

Bullock leaned in close to me, and I wanted nothing more than to push him off then spray him with a flamethrower. He was so close that I could see every small hair of his unshaven face. Bullock had to be the only man I knew that had so much acne at his age. The pimples were so close to me that I could hear them whisperin' prayers that he'd finally learn to wash his face properly. His breath smelled of bad street food and cheap alcohol, and the stench was so bad it made me want to throw up.

"Ya know what I think, Quinn? I think you and Minstrel got something going on."

I felt a spark go off in my chest, and just as quickly, the rest of my body grew warm. In a deeper, more natural tone devoid of my usual whimsy and Jersey accent, I sneered at Bullock, "Just what are you implying?"

Bullock scoffed, and I fought off a desire to spit in his face then claw it off.

"Look, Quinn, I'm not judging you here. None of us ever believed Joker was into chicks anyway, so if you traded up for a bigger model—"

I slammed my forehead into his nose before he could continue. He doubled over and landed on the ground with a crash. I jumped on top of him while I screamed and clawed like Selina taught me. But his fucking face was too greasy, and my nails were too smooth to break the surface of his skin.

Two of Gordon's Oompaloompas stormed the room and pulled me off Ol' Slimer. His nose bleeding and his face full of rage, he tightened his fist like he was ready to punch me, but Gordon grabbed his shoulder and reeled him in before he made that mistake.

"You gross son of a bitch!" I screamed at him as the cops hauled me back to my cell. "I'd never do that to Jimmy! Do you hear me, you fucking pervert?!"

Continued in CH 14.3