Chapter 18 Apology

Start from the beginning

At the same time, the others are wearing their ODM gear. Magath says, "But if we falter here, we would have no chance to stop the Rumbling."

Then they decide to return and Armin asks, "So what's the plan?"

"We have bigger problems. The Yeagerists are there because the two queens are here, and they are here because of some deals with Hizuru." Hange says.

"Two queens... that means Mikasa and Historia?" Armin pales a little.

"Why would Historia be here? And you say that she's the one leading the Yeagerists here? Not Floch?" Jean asks.

"There is no sign of the power of the nine." Hange replies.

"They are probably trying to stop us from getting to the boat, so we will need to kill all the soldiers if we want to get it." Annie says.

"Hold on." Armin says. "If we indiscriminately attack the harbor, the queens and Azumabito will get caught in the crossfire."

"They are the enemy who attacked our homeland, so what does it matter to you?" Annie replies.

"No, it'll be a problem if we let the Azumabito and the queens die. Annie." Colt says.

"Indeed. That will be a problem." Jean says. "If something happened to them, who knows what Eren will do, maybe accelerate the Rumbling so we won't be able to catch up...or maybe they will destroy the ships before we can do anything."

"And besides, I don't want to kill them. Some of them are our friends from the Training Corps, you know?" Connie asks.

"Then what's the plan?" Galliard asks. "How are we going to get the flying boat while securing them enough time to get the ship ready?"

"There is only one way. Either we settle this in one go, or we mess up and lose the flying boat." Pieck says.

"Why can't we just talk with Historia first? If she is still the same Christa that we know, maybe she'll be willing to talk to us first." Armin says. "And there is also Mikasa, I'm sure she'll be willing to hear us out as well!"

"Yeah! Why would the first thing that we need to do to save the people is killing our fellow islanders?" Connie asks.

Then the others close their eyes, and Annie says, "You're right. To begin with, none of you have any obligation to do this with us. Nor any obligation to make a hard choice like this. If you'd been in our place that day, you probably wouldn't have chosen to breach the wall. Unlike us."

Reiner then remembers how Eren says the words, "As I thought, I'm the same as you."

"I see... so that's what he meant..." Reiner mutters. "The three of you don't have to fight. Just watch from a safe location together with Gabi and Falco. If the Yeagerist find you, you'll be forced to decide whether you want it or not. But don't get involved."

"So you're telling us to just watch you kill each other?" Connie asks.

"That said, can this really be solved?" Jean asks.

"I'm not interested in being a spectator." Hange says. "I already killed four Yeagerist with my own hand anyway. More importantly, humanity does not have much time left. I saw Titans moving from the shore, giving off a massive amount of steam. Judging by the speed, they've already arrived on the continent of Marley. The closest Marley's cities in the northeast must have been annihilated by now. I didn't expect they'd cross the ocean this fast. Who knows how many have been killed already."

Then Magath turns to the others and kneels in front of them. "Connie, Armin, and Jean. I want to apologize for my behavior last night. We were wrong. I spoke so flippantly about justice. Even at this late stage, I cowardly tried to justify my own actions. All because I was afraid to reflect on myself and see the despicable side of Marley within me. This isn't your responsibility. It's wrong to place the sins of the past on your shoulder just because of your race."

He turns to the Warriors, "Pieck, Porco, Annie, Reiner, there's no reason for you to be burdened with this world's hatred either. But... We do have the responsibility to remember this foolish blood-stained history and pass it on to future generations. Eren Yeager, no, it is not just him, the 9 Royal Families from the Great Titan War want to erase everything. We must not let them. So long we continue to avert our eyes from our own foolish acts...This hell will never end. That's why I beg you. Please overlook our foolishness just for now."

Armin says, "I refuse to just stand by with clean hands."

Inside the building, the babies have calmed down as Historia is watching the steam with Mikasa and Kiyomi. "Look at that steam... I doubt history has ever changed in one day as dramatically as today... The world outside will be wiped out because of the Rumbling, but these children will be the new leaders of the newborn land."

She turns to Kiyomi and says, "We are really grateful for your help in bringing the children safety. Even though the Rumbling itself is in the wrong in the first place, at least we manage to save as much as we can."

Kiyomi says, "But still... if you believe that Paradis island is safe now, then I pity you. All you're doing is making your world smaller. The killing will surely continue as it always has."

Mikasa says, "Eren said that the conflict will never end, it is true that the conflict will never end, that's human nature, but at least what we can do now is to keep moving forward."

"Even though the hatred and killing won't stop, at least we are able to end the hatred for the Titans. They will become myths in the end once the Rumbling is over. And the power of the nine will also disappear after the death of the eight holders. We don't need to worry about children eating their parents and people hating the Eldians for the fear of becoming Titans."

"That might be true." Kiyomi says.

Just then, Mikasa feels a little unpleasant as she vomits a little, Historia asks, "Mikasa, are you alright?"

"I'm fine... just a little unpleasant..." Mikasa says.

Historia turns to the soldiers says, "Someone please call Eren here."

After two of the soldiers leave, Kiyomi asks, "Lady Mikasa, are you sure you're fine?"

"Don't worry about me..." Mikasa says.

"Your highnesses!" A soldier rushes in at the same time, and Historia asks, "What's the problem right now?"

"It's the traitors! They are heading this way and they have weapons in their hands! What should we do?" A soldier replies.

Historia grits her teeth and mutters, "So they've made their move..." Then she yells, "Everyone hide inside the building, do not engage them. Mikasa and I will talk to them ourselves!"

"Are you sure, you're highness? What if they try to kill you-"

"They won't kill me, I'm pretty sure." Historia says. "Besides, Eren will be on his way here, so all I can do is just try to talk with them first."

Then the soldiers nod as they quickly leave, Mikasa slowly stands up and Historia says, "If you can't fight, just say so. I mean, you just vomited a little."

"I'm fine. I am strong, I can handle them myself." Mikasa says.

"I see..." Historia and Mikasa walk outside as they see that the ones who are approaching are the Alliance, and they are not surprised to see that Reiner, Annie, and the Marley soldiers are also there with them. They are also wondering why the Yeagerists aren't trying to shoot them, they are only aiming the guns at them without doing anything.

"So should we begin?" Historia asks.

Here is a new chapter, and I hope you like it. The next chapter will be the talk with Historia and maybe the battle? I don't know.