Chapter 5 Hizuru and Neumann

During the months, Eren and Historia have been secretly training their own soldiers outside of the Military faction. And with Gloria Tybur's help, they are all trained with the weapons provided by Anti-Marleyan Volunteers. So far their training grounds are located in Shiganshina and the forest near Reiss' farm, and they are also hiding from the Military Police, which works well because of Eren's powers to wipe out other people's memories.

And right now the port has finished, and the friendly nation of Eldia: Hizuru, has sent a ship with Lady Azumabito to the island. In the meeting room, she takes out a crest and asks Miaksa, "Do you recognize this family crest?"

Mikasa gasps as she holds her wrist, "That's..."

"Show it, Mikasa." Eren says.

"But my mom said to keep it a secret." Mikasa says.

"You showed it to us when we were little. It's a secret meant for today." Eren says.

Mikasa sighs as she takes off her bandage and shows the symbol, much to the Hizuru's surprise. "Before she died, this symbol was passed down to me from my mother. She said I should pass it on to my child."

Kiyomi walks over to her and places her hands on Mikasa's shoulders while she hunches over. "What an admirable deed! Over a century ago, the shogun we Azumabitos descended from had a son. He was on friendly terms with King Fritz and often came to Paradis. After the Great Titan War, Hizuru was defeated and in disarray. In the confusion, a child of the shogunate was left behind on the island. You're the lost descendant of our nation's ruler! You're the hope of Hizuru!"

Mikasa is shocked, her eyes are wide as she clutches her wrist with the other hand tightly.

During a break in the meeting, some members of the military express their doubts.

"I still don't get what a nation is." "Anyways, now we've got leverage with Hizuru!" "What if it's a trap?" "I suppose we should ask Yelena's opinion." "No! That's exactly what they want!"

"One thing is for certain:" Pyxis says. "The sea has joined us to the world, but we're still a child learning to walk. We should sit quiet and hear what others have to say."

At the same time, Historia turns to Mikasa. "Hey, why'd you only show Eren that symbol?"

"Huh?" "You've never taken off your wrist wrap for anyone." Historia says.

"Well that's..." "You seem happy." Eren says.

"I am! You, Eren, and I were both born with a heavy burden to bear!" Historia says. "There's nobody else I'd rather rely on!"

"Yeah..." Mikasa says with a slight frown.

"It's a historic day for both our nations. Today is only possible thanks to the one who brought us together, Zeke Yeager." In the meeting, Kiyomi says, "After meeting with him in secret, we agreed to an arrangement under the condition we were able to meet Lady Mikasa."

She shows the ODM gear in front of the table. "Zeke Jeager said if we cooperate with him, our nation may just helm an industry that restores it to its former glory. And yet, he hasn't even prospected your reserves. But a resource like that in this age of modernization would be worth its weight in jewels and treasure."

"So I'm being used as a pretext?" Mikasa thinks with anger.

"Yelena said the talks would go well since the Azumabitos are money grubbers." Hange thinks.

"After all, it's not worth the risk of coming here unless money is involved." Pyxis thinks.

"And? What exactly is the arrangement you have with Zeke Yeager?" Historia asks.