Ch. 4

Everyone gets to see hiccup fight! How will everyone react?
(Not the best at writing detailed fighting scenes but I'll try)

.

"You do realize I don't have anywhere to go after dragon training, right?" Hiccup deadpanned and Ace blinked.

Almost innocently.

And safe to say the brunette felt something like an irk mark pop right on the side of his forehead.

Hiccup seemed to be taking this information calmly, but not until he raised his hand and ran his fingers through his hair. Ace frowned, because whatever that gesture meant, wouldn't end well with the fire fist getting out of this unscathed. And he almost completely forgot this boy does not possess the power of *armament* haki, which punches that collided in his head would feel like his irritating grandpa's fist of love.

Collided, COLLIDED!
He's barely even touched by his enemies if you remember his logia fruit!

Ace shuddered, almost as if he's gone mad or traumatized by the way Garp was training him and Luffy back when they were little.

"We could figure something out..!" Ace piped up, in an attempt to lighten up the mood with a grin beginning to form on his lips. Hiccup didn't react, didn't flinch like the jumpy boy he was before, fingers of his still running through his hair. But if the freckled male sat closer, he could've heard the brunette's worried mumbles he's been keeping to himself.

"What if dad comes home after this? Blame me for something I didn't do wrong or wasn't even present there in the first place? What'll happen to me? Will they even care if the chief's son was stuck in that house burnt alive? Scratch that, nobody's ever cared about me ever since. But.. Would gobber care? Or because I'm his apprentice and nothing more like how I thought he was a second father figure to me, and like a son to him..?"

Ace's attempted grin immensely dropped into a frown. It seems the fire fist is not the only one who had a higher ranking dad kind of dad and still had a bad childhood. Not that ace considers roger his father anyway when he has whitebeard as his pops! But his thoughts were interrupted, snapping the raven-haired back to reality when Hiccup began to perk up frantic. "It's nothing! Let's- Let's get into training!!"

It looked like ace had blurted out something, but even he couldn't remember what he managed to say.

.

"I'm sorry."

Hiccup widened his eyes. The other had been listening to his mumbles and responded even that it was clear proof he'd heard everything. Was he that loud? He glanced at Ace who apologized. Surely he didn't mean burning his house down but he wasn't even blaming the raven-haired for it. He shook off his thoughts and excused himself, bringing up the training topic to keep the freckled male from those thoughts. And surprisingly, Ace nodded along and began to give a few lessons. The fire fist used a stick, demonstrating his fighting style, and Hiccup followed along only to fail. Swing the pipe towards a small stone rock and have it crushed, but another fail. They've got four more hours.

Observing the boy for a while, the raven-haired noticed how Hiccup worked better using his left hand. He is left-handed, and Ace approached him to confront the brunette about it. "Yo Hiccup, just noticed something." the freckled male piped up, placing a hand on his hip and failing to notice Hiccup sucking his breath, anticipating his judgment. He's either gonna be told he, himself got no hope for anything even in training.

"You're left-handed."

"I'm sorry I'll do better please don't give up on me- wait what?"

Ace snorted, unable to give a proper explanation and Hiccup warily eyed the freckled male.