15

Hi! Just wanted a quick smut warning, this book does not have a mature rating on it, but this chapter may have some sensitive content. Read with caution :)

Otherwise enoy~~~~~

I spent my days helping Neo go through his studio. And whenever he was ready to paint, I'd sit there right by him; reading or filling out tests and worksheets my mom would send me to prepare for doctor duties. "Can I paint you?"

I slowly looked up, my legs were curled under me- my bare feet brushing the fur blanket that was thrown over the leather seat. A book was opened on my lap. Neo had only been painting butterflies, obvious by the sixteen he had painted this week, three hung up to dry and the others on the ground, waiting to be seen. However, now he looked at me with transparency. Beaming I replied, "Of course."

I hid my blush and returned to my book eyes back to the pages of the book. But the words no longer mattered, not as I felt Neo's eyes burn my skin. "Sit still." His low focused voice commanded, startling me to quickly return my legs to how they were positioned under me.

That was how the day was spent, me finishing a book. And more yapping from Neo to sit still whenever the book became too much and I had to move. But after two hours I ignored his words and stretched my legs. "Oh get over yourself." I snapped and got up. His answering snarl was all I got. "Do you need a drink?"

"Something that will hopefully knock me out." I shook my head.

"Water it is." I opened the green door and walked down the pathway when I felt to come up behind me. "Can I help you?" His eyes were like those of a begging dog. I raised my eyebrows waiting as he swayed from one foot to another, putting his hands into his pocket.

"I was just thinking..." He began. And realized his nerves, straightening himself out, and locked his legs, his eyes not leaving mine. I covered my smile at the picture. The all and powerful Alpha gets nervous around a mere human. "Maybe we could go out tonight?"

"Hm..." I pretnended o ponder the offer. "Well, I already have so many other men waiting in line to take me out...." I joked, but kept my face locked in a deep-thought sort of look. But he saw right through me and moved closer by an inch.

"Stop playing." He flicked my nose.

"Yes. I would love to." That was done. For the rest of the day, we went about of lives, me going to the pack hospital to shadow a worker. And Neo doing goddess knows what. I was up in my room at seven that night, drained from the stressful day but after only a moment of sitting I was up again, beelining for the restroom where I started getting ready.

And it was now that I wished Talya with me. Her makeup always looked flawless and she looked like she was ready to walk New York Fashion Week. All. The. Damn. Time.

"Yeah,  I know." I smiled at Neo's agitated voice. "No, I can't come in tonight I've told you that. Then get him to do it." I listened further, but only then realized he was on a phone call. I tried not to stare as he began unbuttoning his shirt. "Fine, yeah that works." And with that he was off the phone, booking up to meet my stare- his signature smirk coming to play. With my finger, I pointed a certain finger, and my foot immediately shut the door in his face before he could reach me in his pounce. Now it was me who got to laugh.

We were both ready. I was ready first and sat on the bed, watching tv as I got my heels in order, strapping and clicking all the right things into place. I didn't wait long till Neo was out, his hair still slightly wet from the shower. But he wore a suit, not the black one he usually wore. But more of a burgundy with brown accents, and a white shirt under. Matching perfectly to my flowing red skirt, a slit at the side and a crissed crossed white top. My heels a deep black. "Yo get cleaned up nice." I pretended not to be as affected by the look. Not when every part of me broke into sweaty just by having him in the same room.