✧𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 (what he could be)

Start from the beginning

Niccolò raised his brow to indicate an
await for my response.

"Well, no man in his right mind would marry a girl he deems unworthy or unsuitable. So you must have been very desperate. I'm sure that the going rate for dating a serial killer is extremely low."

"Oh, yes. You'd be surprised at how desperate I was to get in my hands a woman of such high prospects and wise enough maturity to add to my life, such as yourself."

"Oh, you are just so!—" I called out, failing to keep my composure. "You think that nobody can see through you. But I certainly can. In fact, it was so easy to figure you out. I have completely discovered your motives for being the arrogant and demented individual that you are." I said smiling in contempt at his stern gaze.

"It seems you have been studying me."
He said, to my surprise, with an impenitent smile.

"Oh, yes I have."
I replied regardless.

"What have you found?"
He asked attentively. Much to my demise I realized he was beginning to find this entire ordeal amusing.

"I find that you are entirely much too careless about anybody else's opinions. You believe that your actions have no consequences, at least not terrible ones. And whenever your actions do hold a negative impact, as long as it doesn't concern you, you don't deem it worthy to trouble yourself about."

"I'm flattered."
He said. Shocking me once again.

"Flattered, you?"
I asked failing to hide my surprise.

"I'm glad to know I occupy your mind long enough for you to come to such conclusions."
He said despicably.

"You aren't in my mind as much as you'd like to think. And yes, I'll admit I did have to think about you long enough to come to final conclusions about you. All but one."
I said bitterly tasting defeat.

"Which one?"
He asked.

"I fail to understand your motives for buying me. That I can't seem to get." I admitted.

"Well, first I'd like to hear your guesses."
He spoke.

"Well," I began. "in order for me to fully comprehend your reasons I needed to dive into the most horrible and vile place on earth, a man's mind." I said reproachfully.

To this, Niccolò only chuckled softly.

"And after diving into that terrible, horrible place I managed to come up with two guesses."

Niccolò propped his hand on his chin as if inclining that he was ready to patiently listen to what I had to say.

"Number one. I was afraid that you purchased me only for the advantages that a female could offer a man. Especially to one as possessive as you are, it would be preferable if that woman wasn't anyone but his wife."

"You considered that possibility?"
He asked as surprised as I was with my own transparency.

"Yes, I gagged at that one."
I glared at him slightly to catch his reaction, only to be met with the fact that Niccolò was amused rather than displeased. "But that can't be so. Since you only ever touch me to move me out of your way."