The Rehersal: Part 2

Our First Time

Chapter 18: The Rehearsal: Part 2

The band played, people swayed, and laughter spread through out the rehearsal dinner. Mine and Bruno's parents chatted away. I smiled. Everything was going smoothly tonight. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. I smiled at my gay best friend, Kingsley. He makes videos on YouTube that are just amazing. I gave him a big hug. "Hey, King! I haven't seen you in forever!" He places a kiss on my forehead. "Girl, I know! Oh my god, you look fabulous. It's complete fuckery that I haven't seen you in so long." I laughed and he offered me a dance.

Dancing with Kingsley was great. Bruno cut in though so we could talk. "I swear, you look so beautiful." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

The music suddenly stopped and Bruno and I turned to look at Derek. "Okay everyone, listen up! We just want to make this rehearsal a little more exciting my watching Prometheus. How's that sound?" The crowd cheered. "Alright, now," Derek continued, "there are beanbag chairs to your left and to your right. Grab one and choose a spot while Alex goes and puts the DVD in. Drinks and popcorn will be served. But not wine because you wouldn't want to ruin your outfits now would you?" Everyone laughed, including me. Jake took the mic from Derek. "I advise you to use the bathroom cause this movie is pretty damn scary... Trust me, I made the mistake when I first watched it." That made the crowd laugh really hard. Then everyone went to grab a beanbag chair and a spot, then headed to the bathroom.

Once everyone was settled, the popcorn and soda was passed out. Alex played the movie once he thought that everyone was nice and comfortable.

Everyone cringed and screamed when the alien worm thing shot from a pile of alien goop that seeped from the vessels the surrounded the room and onto one of the crew mates arm, and snapped it in half. WHAT THE FUCK! What kind of awesomely disturbing movie is this? I was so scared that I didn't even notice I was grasping Bruno's private area until he groaned and bent over. "I'm sorry?" I said. "It's cool," he responded, sounding in pain. I decided to rub it to make his feel better... That only gave him a boner.

The movie was finally over and we all clapped and cheered. The ending was really good. We all got up and helped clean up. Half fixed the seats and tables by putting them in the right place, the rest swept the floor of fallen popcorn and spilt drinks.

Jake tapped the microphone to get our attention. "Hello, everyone! This has been a pretty amazing night, yeah," Everyone murmured their agreements. "Me and the guys would like to sing one of Sammie's favorite songs by us, and one that Bruno composed." When he said that, the rest of the band went on stage.

Jeremy, Brooks and Alex started their guitar solo with Jake and his drums. Derek began singing, Jake harmonizing with him throughout the song.

"She makes me hide the way I want to feel in photographs

Oh... Every picture I'm gonna burn or every smile was a lesson learned

I wanna say

Break down, all on me

I'm gonna figure this out but I don't know how

Break down, all on me I wanna run until I get out

You'll be the reason, I'll be uneven

You've got me on the edge to jump for you

You'll be my fire,

Call me a liar

We'll make mistakes the way we always do

And now I'm starting every sentence with an apology

What's your reason for leaving now?