Epilogue

Wednesday woke up to the nauseating sight of bright white walls and a bundle of rainbow-colored, sequin-covered, glittery balloons (clearly Enid's doing). She was reclined in a hospital bed, her ankle elevated in a brace and her various cuts and scratches bandaged and cleaned. Wednesday looked around, trying to see if anyone was in the room with her. To her left, curled up in one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs, was Tyler, snoring away peacefully. She could see hints of bandages peeking out of his clothes. Wednesday reached out her hand, grasping his, which was draped partially across the bed as if he'd been holding her hand while she slept. She squeezed once and relished the feeling of the bond waking up as Tyler did. She'd missed the feeling of the bond in the back of her mind.

Tyler blinked sleepily before his eyes widened in shock at seeing her awake. He leaned forward, immediately fussing over her as he messed around with her hair and pressed a kiss to her forehead. Wednesday smiled up at him before wrapping an arm around his head and pulling him into a proper kiss. Tyler sighed into it, leaning forward as Wednesday threaded her hand through his hair. Just as the kiss began to heat up, the door to the room opened and Wednesday's friends tumbled in.

"Oh, are we interrupting?" Bianca asked sarcastically, arms full of small gifts. Enid was jumping up and down excitedly, holding a gigantic stuffed scorpion in her arms. Ajax was standing partially behind the two, looking vaguely confused, like he always did. Xavier looked sheepishly at her and Tyler, a book in his hands. Eugene was holding several jars of honey, his signature smile present and bright on his face. Yoko was holding a small collection of candles and a few silk hair ribbons. Wednesday felt like it was her birthday all over again.

The group tumbled forward, all of them offering up their gifts and wishes for her to get well soon. They trickled out naturally, Enid staying for a few minutes while Tyler stepped out so the two of them could talk about the fight. A few tearful apologies later, they were back to being best friends, Enid hugging her close and pressing a gentle kiss to her head. They spent the next ten minutes gushing over Enid's newfound ability to fully shift before Yoko came and picked Enid up, the two of them going out for a dinner date in the hospital town. Wednesday was happy for them; they were a good match for each other.

Tyler came back, a cup of water in hand. Wednesday drank it appreciatively before scooting over, patting the space next to her in the bed. Tyler immediately crawled in, snuggling up against her as the bond thrummed healthy, bright, and warm around them. Wednesday gazed down at her hand, realizing the ring had been cleaned while she slept. She and Tyler shared their version of events, Tyler tearfully talking about what it had been like to be under Laurel's control, and the torture he'd faced by her hand. He mentioned the necklace being shattered, clearly ashamed. Wednesday waved him off, saying they'd outgrown necklaces, and she'd be getting him one of the heirloom Addams promise rings soon anyway, so it was all alright. Reassured, Tyler snuggled further into her, the two of them basking in the bond.

"I love you, Wednesday," Tyler said softly, pressing a kiss to the soft skin of her pale neck.

"I love you too, Tyler," Wednesday replied, running her hands soothingly through his hair.

"I walked in love with you with both eyes open, choosing to take every step."

"They asked, 'Do you love her to death?'. I said, 'Speak of her over my grave and watch how she brings me back to life'."

"A resurrection joke, huh?" Tyler teased, pinching Wednesday's side gently, making her burst into a fit of happy giggles. "I bet you think you're so funny."

"Oh, shut up and kiss me."

"With pleasure."

Fin.