14.Dating

"Hey, Jiya? Can you please lend me your grammar notes; I haven't written them anywhere because I didn't have any pages or rough books?"

"Oh, but I haven't written them properly either." Jiya replied nervously, not wanting to continue the conversation. She was a bit worried about how he would turn out to be. Maybe he was just like any other Richie-rich guy; someone who wouldn't leave you until you join your hands in front of them and ask them to stay away and out of your life. This sudden thought came to her mind when she read the chapter in her literature textbook called 'The Hack Driver', by Lewis Sinclair. The lawyer acts all gullible with the hack driver and tells that he wanted to serve summons on Oliver Lutkins. The hack driver had fooled him because he turned out to be Lutkins himself and had befriended the lawyer; sorry, fooled the lawyer.

"No worries, I don't mind. I'll return them to you before the day ends. Is that okay?" He said, looking her straight in the eyes. There was something exceptional in his piercing blue gaze.

Jiya just stared... "Is that okay?" He said a little louder which made Jiya wince a little.

"Oh! I'm sorry ...yeah, it's okay, and here you go." She said handing the book to Rahul.

"Thanks anyway" he said, averting his gaze from her eyes towards her book.
It was the Science class that time, but the teacher took her time to come.

This gave Rahul some time to approach Jiya.

The whole class noticed the interaction between her and the dashing blue-eyed-boy. They were both laughing and chit chatted for the entire time.

Some bullies of the class had already started judging them by just one look. Is it that obvious that people draw judgment when a boy and a girl talk with each other? They always think that there's something fishy between them and so did their classmates.

~
I met Rahul today, despite being homeschooled he's quite a cheerful person. Seriously thought he must've been like one of those rich brats but trust me, he isn't. Judgments made in haste prove to be wrong sometimes. But still...it hasn't even been one day and I'm feeling like this His face seems really recognizable...it feels like I've seen him somewhere before meeting him today at the school, and his eyes... I think the tingling feeling I get when he looks at me is unexplainable... I feel my face heat up when he does that. His black brown hair really compliments his porcelain skin tone, not to mention they're the same color as mine. He said that he liked to play basketball and his build explains it.

I'm excited to see him play and I guess I will today, because the last class is HPE (Health and Physical Education). I also have to get my notes after that.
*

Rahul was overlooking the grammar notes Jiya gave him; he didn't actually need them because he had already written them, he just wanted to have something that belonged to her... but why? He thought not noticing that he was already smiling from ear to ear when he saw her hand writing. She had a beautiful one. He liked each and every stroke on the paper that she had made with her pen. There was something about this girl he couldn't take his mind off it. She was rather known to him in some way, but what was it?

He flipped the pages until he saw a boy walk in his direction. He didn't say anything before he stopped before him.

"Hi! You're Rahul, right? The new student in the class?" said the boy, panting because of the running.

"Yes," responded Rahul not turning away from the bunch of sheets.

" Well, hello, I'm Kris, nice to meet you." The boy said with a smile that didn't bother Rahul to even look at him.