Part 104: The way of game

Start from the beginning

"We're about to find out," Lily assured him.

But it wasn't until about part way though dinner that Astoria brought it up. "Ok, so, Lily, Scorpius, a question for you. How many people are we allowed to put on the guest list?"

Scorpius immediately put down his fork. "I knew it. Who are you wanting to invite?"

"Well obviously family, your friends. Brandon talked to me about a few designers to invite, and I know you'll have colleagues that you'll now want invited. So how many people?" Astoria inquired.

Lily looked at Scorpius and shrugged. "Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. As long as we can keep reporters to a minimum, I'm fine with whoever."

"So could you two give us a list of specific people you want invited by . . . the end of the week?" Ginny questioned.

Scorpius scowled. "Why then?"

"For your engagement party," Astoria said simply. "We need to know who to send invitations to."

"Whatever happen to just having wedding receptions?" Scorpius mumbled. "Isn't one party enough?"

"What is it with you being against parties?" Astoria mocked lightly.

"I just want to get married," Scorpius answered. "I honestly don't even want a bachelor party. I already told Lars and Aaron no."

Lily looked at him in surprise. "Really?"

Scorpius nodded. "Yeah. The point of a bachelor party is to celebrate your last night as an unmarried man. Well I've been in a relationship for years now, and I like it that way. Who the hell wants to be a bachelor forever?"

"Well I'm glad to hear that, but we're still throwing you an engagement party," Astoria said with a smile. "But, we'll keep that one much smaller and much more casual. Close friends and family. But we'll still need a list of who you want us to invite to the actual wedding."

"You know, some people had it right by eloping," Scorpius muttered.

"I'd hurt you," Astoria said with a serious look. "I want to see my little boy get married."

Scorpius rubbed his eyes. "Yes, Mother."

Lily's eyelids flickered as the shining sun began to wake her. She silently cursed the window before snuggling closer to Scorpius's warm body behind her. She turned around and nuzzled his neck softly, enjoying the smell of his cologne reaching her nose. Scorpius gave a small hum, and his arms tightened around her, bringing her flush against his body.

"Morning, beautiful," he murmured. Lily pulled back a little to see that his eyes were half opened, and a content smile had reached his lips.

Lily giggled softly, and kissed him. "Morning, hun." She kissed him again. She began to pull back when he pressed his lips against hers harder, and held her in place. Lily smiled against his lips and eagerly kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. He dragged his tongue across her bottom lip, begging for entrance. Lily granted it happily, her tongue darting to meet his. But too soon, she pulled back.

"Scorpius, don't you have to get ready for work?" Lily murmured softly.

Scorpius scowled above her. "How are you always right?" he mumbled, his lips brushing against hers.

"It's me. I'm always right," Lily giggled.

Scorpius smirked. He sat up and pushed the blanket off of him. He got up, stretching as he did. Lily admired his back, and toned muscles. But once he began to turn, she also got out of the bed. "What's your plan for the day, baby?"